Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

One of my most fave movies. Seen it a million times.

Cannot stand Guy Ritchie or Jason Statham movies.
Believe it or not, I was specifically looking for a Statham movie as a favour to the person I’m with, but yes, it was horrendous. Hence, I’ve switched to this, which of course I’ve seen.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
This sounds completely batshit (in a good way), but the poster is underwhelming.

I thought, "Maybe THIS will be a sort of an independent 50s movie" - yeah, right. Although, I just found one by accident I've had

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043539/

The world is destroyed in a nuclear holocaust. Only five Americans survive, including a pregnant woman, a neo-Nazi, a black man and a bank clerk.

(I just turned it on for a few seconds, and it doesn't seem so 50s - structured and white-picket fence falsehood. Maybe THIS is the independent one?)

I thought, "Maybe THIS will be a sort of an independent 50s movie" - yeah, right. Although, I just found one by accident I've had

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043539/

The world is destroyed in a nuclear holocaust. Only five Americans survive, including a pregnant woman, a neo-Nazi, a black man and a bank clerk.

(I just turned it on for a few seconds, and it doesn't seem so 50s - structured and white-picket fence falsehood. Maybe THIS is the independent one?)

Bizarre. I’ll check out both, they do sound fascinating.

Liked it well enough, but it’s so exhausting and predictable that
WARNING: spoilers below
old people always die in the end of a film if introduced in the beginning
. Definitely the cliché that bugs me the most.

Oh, hell, this is phenomenal. Such a shame Arthur Penn has so few films.
The fish thing was very confusing but also why aren’t there any
WARNING: spoilers below
guns? How does anyone living in this snowy middle of nowhere not have a gun and use it to chase one’s prisoner around the house? They live far enough from anywhere to worry about anyone hearing gunshots.