Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Took your tip and watched it last night. Very enjoyable late '60s heist film that took quite a few liberties with the Great Train Robbery. I'd never seen it. Stanley Baker always put me in mind a little of Sean Connery.

The graininess of the late '60s-'70s films is so recognizable. I often wondered about that, and then I heard a film expert say that it was due to the film stock of the day. Later the film was of higher quality, and then of course digital came along.
Glad you enjoyed it Doc.

To Be or Not to Be.
A Jack Benny classic now on TCM.

Just this hour returned from the bar where Clark Gable sat while crews brought down Carol Lombards remains from an airplane crash nearby above on Mt Potosi.

Gables cigarette burns are still on the bar:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	8D2E885A-37C2-4875-A3F7-892C816CEBAC.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	91895  

To Be or Not to Be.
A Jack Benny classic now on TCM.

Just this hour returned from the bar where Clark Gable sat while crews brought down Carol Lombards remains from an airplane crash nearby above on Mt Potosi.

His cigarette burns are still on the bar.
That's pretty inpressive, DBC. What is the name of the bar? Any pictures? I presume it's near Vegas.

Yes Goodsprings Saloon. Exit Goodsprings Rd in Jean NV in route Northbound on the I15 toward Vegas.*
Theirs a wall and display dedicated to the tragedy.*
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	NVGOOpioneer_bottini1_640x480.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	91903   Click image for larger version

Name:	F248D357-4850-4466-B3B8-850455A6DBC4.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	91904  

Yes Goodsprings Saloon. Exit Goodsprings Rd in Jean NV in route Northbound on the I15 toward Vegas.*
Theirs a wall and display dedicated to the tragedy.*
Thanks for the PM and the picture! Lot of history there. Tragic that Lombard died so young.

I just watched an 80's Pooh TV special... that is about avoiding strangers... and has a song about defending your, and I quote the ****ing thing, "private parts." They even detailed the "not okay funny feeling" when improperly touched. A song about it. I am officially dreaming. And if not, I hope I don't see it in my dreams.