Speak No Evil (2022)

Tools    

Can Abel actually speak? If so, to what extent? Reviews seem to give conflicting info. Seen it twice now but still not sure. Apparently, people
WARNING: spoilers below
with aglossia occasionally can speak, albeit not very clearly.

Oops, upon reflection, I guess this was one for Movie Questions. But I’d also be super-interested to know what people think about the film.

They were lying about his condition and had cut his tongue off as part of their MO. People can learn to speak without tongues if they have therapy, but they clearly aren’t going to do that as he’s just a cover story until they kill him and move on to the next kid.

They were lying about his condition and had cut his tongue off as part of their MO. People can learn to speak without tongues if they have therapy, but they clearly aren’t going to do that as he’s just a cover story until they kill him and move on to the next kid.
I was only wondering because there’s a scene at
the playground by the house where he appears to say “sorry” after not letting Agnes go on the slide
. I’ve watched it once dubbed where it was hard to tell and also with subtitles, but even in the original version
during the playground scene the subtitles said “sorry”, suggesting he could say as much, which then makes one wonder why he couldn’t have said “help” etc.
That’s what got me thinking, anyway.

during the playground scene the subtitles said “sorry”, suggesting he could say as much, which then makes one wonder why he couldn’t have said “help” etc.
That’s what got me thinking, anyway.
I saw it in the cinema when it came out - and since I´m danish, I of course watch it in the original language - but I can´t remember if he said that - I don´t think so.

I saw it in the cinema when it came out - and since I´m danish, I of course watch it in the original language - but I can´t remember if he said that - I don´t think so.
Aha! Now we’re talking. Very interesting and helpful. In that case, this could well be a subtitle issue, as I’ve seen a few reviews referring to a
”near-mute son”
or something to that effect.

it is showing spoilers below what it means?