The Cooking Thread

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Hey guys I have this problem, that I want to learn to cook, but I don't know any recipe or meal, like nothing come up in my mind. So yeah, when I'm about to eat I forget the food there is in this world. I'm on my own, so I would prefer to cook rather than buying something, but I just don't know. I want to see if you guys could help me :c, like a really common dish you prepare so I look it up and try to do it :3. I'm trying to get 14 meals, so I can eat something 1 day and eat it again 1 week later. If you suggest me some meals I would appreaciate it
If you're still around, I once heard a freench chef say the hardest thing to cook was a perfect egg. If I had my time again I would start off perfecting any style of egg, then branch out from there.

Some years ago on tumblr, I discovered THIS (pre-book):

http://www.thugkitchen.com

Highly recommend them. You'll never have more fun following a recipe EVER. GUARANTEED!!!

Their early recipes had me laughing so hard I think I may have peed a little.

LMAO. My nephew put me onto them. Freaking hilarious!

I'm not much of a cook myself, but I love to use a slow cooker when I can. I usually do it more in the wintertime. Broths and rich stews are my favorite dishes to eat. I usually just start it in the morning before work and by the time I get back it is all ready. Last time I made Beef Bourguignon. It was delicious!
https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/j...5-aaca1a3f8313

Yeah, probably I love good food but I'm just too impatient when it comes down to cooking. I love it when people do it though.

Yeah, probably I love good food but I'm just too impatient when it comes down to cooking. I love it when people do it though.

I love to cook. I always put something on to either inspire me or keep me entertained. Music, or crap shows respectively.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
If you're still around, I once heard a freenchchef say the hardest thing to cook was a perfect egg. If I had my time again I would start off perfecting any style of egg, then branch out from there.

lol.
I read that in the voice of Leslie Mann's drunk-ass character in The 40-Year Old Virgin.

"I'm hawngry! Let's get some freeeeeench toast!"

I love to cook. I always put something on to either inspire me or keep me entertained. Music, or crap shows respectively.
I'm the silent cook. It's meditation for me.

I was a gourmet cook for over 30 years. Husband filed for divorce last summer. I stopped cooking. He later withdrew the divorce, but I have not cooked since. It's so nice to be done with all that.

Further to what I said yesterday, here you go.

http://www.foodiful.com.au/articles/...aign=editorial

I agree with all except a firm yolk. No No No. Never for a perfectly poached egg. A firm yolk is only ever good for devilled eggs.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

I'm the silent cook. It's meditation for me.
Yeah, I think I have to agree with this. Cooking is still a mixed bag though for me. Being single without a family to cook for makes it difficult to want to bother with the logistics of the process, but when I do cook I'm all in. I don't talk---at least not in conversation. It is both highly stressful and therapeutic at the same time. I love to please others so to see someone enjoy my efforts, it all just clicks.

Has anyone tried Eggy Bread? What you do is break an egg into a jug and add some milk, whisk it together, then lay slices of bread down and pour the mixture over til the bread soaks it up, then fry the bread in a drizzle of oil, it's lovely!

Isnt that what french toast is?

Has anyone tried Eggy Bread? What you do is break an egg into a jug and add some milk, whisk it together, then lay slices of bread down and pour the mixture over til the bread soaks it up, then fry the bread in a drizzle of oil, it's lovely!
Sounds like French Toast

I wish I didn't, but I hate cooking intricate meals because of the subsequent cleaning. Also I'm willing to pay more for food I like (and that's healthier).

The odd consequence has been that I've really gotten into Soylent. Yes, yes, the name is inspired by the movie. But it's probably not people.

But honestly, Soylent is one of the few things that is a bright red line for me in feeling like I'm in "the future". I try not to evangelize because people look at you funny when you tell them about creepy future food, but man, I highly recommend trying it (which, admittedly, is hard as it sells in bulk, but should you get the chance...)

Well, the cacao and coffiest ones at least. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of the powder or the "unflavored" one. Especially not the nectar one.

I have a mix of coffiest and cacao every work morning, which is really odd for me as I never, ever, regularly had breakfast before. And I haven't died yet!

Got inspired to post about it because they just released a CHAI flavor.

Chai Soylent, what a world we live in.

This is one of the few things I make. Basically I started making this when I got lazy making a one eyed egyptians.

I like it much more than french toast (admittedly quite similar).

This is one of the few things I make. Basically I started making this when I got lazy making a one eyed egyptians.

I like it much more than french toast (admittedly quite similar).
What's a one eyed Egyptian (I'm thinking toad in the hole?) and what's the difference between French toast and eggy bread?