Is Killing Aliens In Video Games Really OK?

Tools    

Is killing aliens in a computer game OK? Wait a minute--do you think those are living little creatures behind that screen and that they actually die when you zap 'em???? Relax, buddy, it's only a game. None of it is real.

Killing aliens is always good! Even Stephen Hawking might agree:

“We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.”

“If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans.”

If the options are be eaten alive or use a shotgun to blow apart an Alien then I have no problem with the example being set as its okay to kill killer Alien's its not like your killing cuddly, peace wanting, friendly e.t.'s the situations are kill or be killed. I also feel the same way for demon's, ghosts and Oprah

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Is killing aliens in a computer game OK? Wait a minute--do you think those are living little creatures behind that screen and that they actually die when you zap 'em???? Relax, buddy, it's only a game. None of it is real.
“What is ‘real’? How do you define ‘real’? If you mean what we can taste, smell, hear and feel then what’s ‘real’ is nothing more than electrical signals interpreted by your brain.”

“What is ‘real’? How do you define ‘real’? If you mean what we can taste, smell, hear and feel then what’s ‘real’ is nothing more than electrical signals interpreted by your brain.”

Real is almost anything but this bird! What a weird looking flake.

If the options are be eaten alive or use a shotgun to blow apart an Alien then I have no problem with the example being set as its okay to kill killer Alien's its not like your killing cuddly, peace wanting, friendly e.t.'s the situations are kill or be killed. I also feel the same way for demon's, ghosts and Oprah
I kept hoping the townspeople would hunt down ET and chop him to bits with their axes. He's the best argument I know of for open season on aliens.

But I liked the concept of using Slim Whitman recordings to wipe out the aliens in Mars Attacks. Now that was cool!!!