The official "I Hate Anime!!!" and "I Hate Fan Fiction!!!" Thread

Tools    

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
So, what? Are you yay or nay?
Neither. Or both. I used to be a big anime fan, to the point where I've seen probably upwards of 300 titles or so (for better or worse), but now I hardly watch any and think the vast majority is just crap. Still, there are a few series and movies that rank among my favorites of all time and for those I keep watching. I really like the style when pulled off well.

Akira, Giant Robo, Horus: Prince of the Sun, Arcadia of My Youth, Pom Poko, Memories and a few others.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Alright, let's change the subject to the other part of what this thread is about: fanfiction. I like some of it, because some of it's not bad at all, really. But read what I first posted when I started this thread and you tell me what you think. Am I wrong for thinking about the way I do about this stuff? And starrdarcy, don't get mad or anything... we'll leave Shrek fanfiction out of this. I'm more or less made at the people who write those explict R-Rated stories about Harry and the gang getting a gang bang... and the Biblical fan fiction... for the love of God (literally), give me a ****en brake!!! Questions, comments, and/or concerns?

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by That Dude
1. 'Anime' and 'cartoon' mean the same thing.

2. Watching anime does not make you a qualified expert on the Japanese culture.
lol that's awesome. on a related note:

OMG that is friggin' hilarious! There's about 1,000 of them at them dumb conventions, next to all the teenagers... geez, it's sad, really, that losers like that really do walk among us...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
OMG that is friggin' hilarious! There's about 1,000 of them at them dumb conventions, next to all the teenagers... geez, it's sad, really, that losers like that really do walk among us...
Your avatar is Darth Vader so you might as well eat those words and go loose your virginity in your parents basement to a Russian male order bride at age 30 right now.

Oh wait I got caught up stereotyping.

Originally Posted by OG-
Your avatar is Darth Vader so you might as well eat those words and go loose your virginity in your parents basement to a Russian male order bridge at age 30 right now.

Oh wait I got caught up stereotyping.
I'm not that big of a fan... just to a certain extent. And that's the truth.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Zing!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
What do you think about that? Is that insane or what? Who in the right mind would buy that? Who?
Probably the same kind of people who would buy this

I don't watch anime...its not really my taste, but it is great for kids too old for regular cartoons and too young to enjoy sitcoms or dramas. I think they have some great art in anime.

What exactly is fan fiction? Is it like Harry Potter or something like that?

Originally Posted by gummo
I don't watch anime...its not really my taste, but it is great for kids too old for regular cartoons and too young to enjoy sitcoms or dramas. I think they have some great art in anime.

Fan fiction is a story written by a fan about something, such as Harry Potter, and is posted on the internet.

Yeah, I love anime to...

A system of cells interlinked
What do you think about that? Is that insane or what? Who in the right mind would buy that? Who?

Please define right mind.

Originally Posted by gummo

Fanfiction is people who write about a certain ovie or show. Like when they make there own sequel or ending. Quite fun actually if you know what your doing...

I'm doing one on Shrek 2...