What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

It's been so long since I've seen the theatrical release that I couldn't tell you what parts of the director's cut are added.
Had a quick read online, and it appears to be subtle extentions of some scenes. That's pretty cool.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Had a quick read online, and it appears to be subtle extentions of some scenes. That's pretty cool.
Nothing about the DC felt tacked-on. It turns an already sizeable film into one the size of the belt I'll need by New Year, but it's still a very easy watch.

One of my favourite procedural films.

Nothing about the DC felt tacked-on. It turns an already sizeable film into one the size of the belt I'll need by New Year, but it's still a very easy watch.
Yeah, I could easily watch a few hours more of it. Incredibly well done. Each time I watch it, I feel more invested in a different one of the three, and they seem to rotate favour. I read Robert Graysmith's book some years ago, so part of the fascination for me is watching his obsession unfold on screen.

One of my favourite procedural films.
I think it's quite perfect.

Just bought it tonight on Amazon.. I love the tag line "Face Your Inner Beast"..

Why? its from Denmark.... thats good enough reason for me.

i think the last dvd i ever bought was The Tenant and I bought it in Largo di Torre Argentina in Urbe.

i think the last dvd i ever bought was The Tenant and I bought it in Largo di Torre Argentina in Urbe.
Are you from Argentina? One of my close friends lives there and I love Argentine cinema...

Are you from Argentina? One of my close friends lives there and I love Argentine cinema...
IIRC, the other day he posted that he walks his dog near the Danube River in Europe.

no, im from slovakia, however I studied in Rome (Urbe) and lived very close Largo di Torre Argentina.
Ah ok, that is not the country of Argentina then. Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Though an Italian production cashing in on the 70s Mafia movie craze that The Godfather (1972) spawned, Crazy Joe (1974) has an impressive American cast: Peter Boyle as the titular Joe Gallo along with Eli Wallach, Rip Torn, Fred Williamson, and Fonzie himself: Henry Winkler. Despite it never getting a Region 1 release, I've been wanting to see this movie for a while now. Someone is advertising, what has to be a bootleg DVD on ebay, but for $10, I'm willing to roll the dice on this.

Bought two tonight, since I was given $20 for Christmas. Added War for the Planet of the Apes and Logan to my collection! Aw yeah!

Granted, the two together were about $23 and not $20, but still worth it!

“I was cured, all right!”

The Final Cut

Never watched a single Claude Chabrol movie before but I'm excited!
Box with four films: Au Couer du Mensonge, L’Enfer, OPHÉLIA and Betty.

Another box, with the following movies: