Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Tools    

Dave Bautista is not sure he wants to work for Disney anymore and thus, not sure if he plans to return as Drax.
wow that's really sweet and loyal.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Some updates:

Chris Pratt told MTV News that Marvel has agreed to use James Gunn's script for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...s-gunn-script/

That's the good news, but the bad news is that the fan favorite to replace Gunn as director, Taiki Waititi, is NOT going to direct the film out of respect for Gunn. In his exact words from The Wrap:

"For me, those are James [Gunn]’s films. Going into something like that with his stamp all over his films would be like going into someone’s house and saying ‘Hey, I’m your new dad, and this is how we make peanut butter sandwiches now.’ It feels kind of awkward.”

Wow. They've hired Gunn back:

I guess at the time there was a lot more uncertainty about what kinds of things were supposedly unforgivable, but vague standards and tiers of offenses seem to be coming into view, and they've decided Gunn was safe to hire. Kind of interesting.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Step in the right direction.

I do think it's important that people see there is a limit to the punishments for insensitivity. Very few people like the idea of blacklists, or issuing career death sentences, merely for bad or inconsiderate jokes.

And I think in the long-run that's better for whatever standards people are fighting for in the first place, simply because a tempered and forgiving posture towards sensitivity is a lot more likely to succeed than an unforgiving and vindictive one.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
According to the report at Deadline, Gunn had met Alan Horn (head of Disney) numerous times and that Horn seem impressed with not only Gunn's public apology, but his handling of the situation. Gunn is going to do The Suicide Squad first then do Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
How interesting is that contract with Warner/Disney? Can't imagine it's industry standard for a director to have his hand in competing pots.

Eh, the sequel wasn't really that good. Still, I think it's only fitting that he finishes the trilogy he started.

Yay!
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Being a GotG Stan, I like it the less I see it. Perhaps I'm fickle, but...there are great moments, but among other things the music drives me crazy.

This is a huge step for society. A mega-company like Disney paving way for a less sensitive society and not living like an afraid little mouse who don’t want to step on anybody or offend anybody. I hope more will follow and stop being little bitches about all things in life.

Welcome to the human race...
I'd rather it was a sign that they weren't going to cave in to a bad-faith right-wing smear campaign that was less concerned with sensitivity in its own right than it was with deplatforming a vocally left-wing public figure.

In any case, can't wait to see how @yellowjacket1 weighs in on this.

I am actually pleased with this decision. His tweets were pretty terrible, but career ending no

****. Need more waiting for this amazing movie.

Using Spacehog in the trailer is probably a good indication of the direction of this soundtrack/every 5 second needledrop.

Oh yeah, I enjoyed the music choice. By total coincidence I was going through an old hard drive's contents a few weeks ago and came upon that and enjoyed listening to it again for the first time in years.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
So hyped for this. I was laughing like hell at the start of the trailer where Drax threw the ball on that child’s face