President Trump

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't visit this thread for reasons.

Yet here I am.

Suspect's Reviews

Phew.... the posts have shortened up a bit.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Phew.... the posts have shortened up a bit.
Wonder what the record longest post is on this forum.

I am sure it is. Just too much for me, I have to edit a single 3-4 line post a few times after posting to get all the mistakes out. Quoting, multi-quoting is a bridge too far for me.

Wonder what the record longest post is on this forum.

The ones on the last page would be up there. Although i did see some dictionary like posts in the gun thread as well. Yoda and L Rex might have to fight it out for this one.

I have the best posts, you see. The best posts in the world!

Originally Posted by I. Rex
Take away kids. Ban muslims. Steal elections.
So much subtext, so little time.

The desire to quote that last post and put every letter in a different box and respond to them individually is overwhelming.
I see I've been missed.

Oh my, politics are fun today.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/64969390.cms

india has invited president trump to be chief guest at it's republic day parade . let's hope trump accepts the invitation . after all , india is a place where people of his thinking are majority . just like trump , india too has elected a right wing government which is opposed to immigrants like bangladeshis and rohingyas . right wing governments ought to support each other in a world where the liberal media and liberal film industry and liberal governments are increasingly vilifying them .

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/64969390.cms

india has invited president trump to be chief guest at it's republic day parade . let's hope trump accepts the invitation . after all , india is a place where people of his thinking are majority . just like trump , india too has elected a right wing government which is opposed to immigrants like bangladeshis and rohingyas . right wing governments ought to support each other in a world where the liberal media and liberal film industry and liberal governments are increasingly vilifying them .
Hi ashdoc,
Are any of your countrymen preparing giant "Trump baby" balloons to fly during protest marches?

Hi ashdoc,
Are any of your countrymen preparing giant "Trump baby" balloons to fly during protest marches?
For one thing , trump has yet to accept the invitation. But if he does , I am sure the liberal lobby in India has plans to give him a reception of the kind they like .

The same anti Brexit campaigners were out in their thousands protesting President Trump.. the same crowd.. with their perfectly untainted hearts and superior intellects showing us what virtue signalling looks like en masse … oh how clever and witty your sign is haha

There was some kid about 7, you could see this brat had no manners or any idea what he was saying... some nonsense reporter asked him why he's here protesting Donald Trump and the kid say Trump doesn't like to share and erm blah blah I can't remember.. he'd clearly been told some things to say but forgot half of it.. reporter nodding her head like this is profound insight, the media makes you want to vomit.

Quote from the very start of the article---

It is refreshing to hear an American president call the Europeans out for the sybarites and deadbeats they are

http://www.atimes.com/article/natos-...ns-wont-fight/

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Just a limited perspective of where I live:

Here in Alabama, I have several old high school friends, family, and even coworkers that are emboldened by it. Hell, even my dad has started posting Trump support on his FB feed. They, like Trump, believe the Russian investigation is tactical and without merit. That it is a side-effect of the "swamp" culture. I'm only speaking of the vocal few btw. I feel uncomfortable even just using these anecdotes as example, but these guys are pretty vocal and direct on their own so maybe it's fair game? They have already turned on McCain and other Republicans that are critical of him.

As I read their reactions, I believe they are proud to have someone like Trump bucking the system. While some seem to be pretty hardline, many are enjoying the circus of it all. They all are kind of trollish smart asses (myself included, from time to time so I'm not faulting that!) and are enjoying seeing someone posture and push back against a perceived weak liberal walk-on-eggshells culture fearful of offending anyone. It is exciting to watch a bull kick through the china shop as if watching an episode of Jackass. I worry that is as far as it goes though, because, in my opinion, everything is immediate gratification. There seems to be no reflection on past or future events that may contradict current opinions. It's all here-and-now and the IMO morbid excitement of watching someone else burn things down in your name.

Football is life here and everyone has sided with their home team. Both in politics and religion. Regardless of how clean the other quarterback's passing technique may be, it doesn't matter because he's still a p****. Regardless of how many times their quarterback fumbles, he's home team and is the hero taking the hot cheerleader to the pickup truck.

*EDIT*
I don't mean that to be a judgment, but I guess it reads as such. I can sort of understand a Christian conservative tolerating Trump as a means to an end regarding SCOTUS picks that may shift the balance to more conservative rulings and possible overturning of past rulings, short-term economic gains, immigration, and a more nationalistic world posture. I believe most of my friends are probably in this group and while I don't agree (because it suggests faith in man and politics over faith in God's will), I can at least connect those cultural dots from that point of view. What I cannot understand though, is the glee I see in so many around me wrapped in a "we win" flag actively trolling others for their opposing view. Not at least while claiming Christian values. It's very surreal to me.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear