Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

If that's the case, he's Trump's VP.

I feel better with him over the Chris Christie possibility I was expecting, I think.

That completely obliterates the David Duke controversy.

I heard who were disappointed that nobody was hitting him back, and who were energized and thrilled when Rubio finally did. Probably should've pulled a punch or two, but that's quibbling. It had to be done, and the specifics probably didn't matter much compared to the larger structural dynamics of the race.

When did Rubio ever hit back? I'm with you on the rest but i don't agree that he ever effectively hit back at least?

Rubio's campaign was being criticized for him not spending much time or resources in Iowa and NH.
Which wasn't, you know, true. There were a rash of stories to this effect, but it was a head fake: at one point in the final week leading into Iowa he was holding more events there than anyone else. It was back-loaded, and it played the expectations game beautifully (hence the glowing coverage afterwards).

They later said the strategy was to come in second in NH, then take North Carolina. That didn't happen, either.
Where did they say that? The whole "3-2-1" thing (which is what I assume you're referring to) was written by a columnist. A week before Iowa he specifically said it wasn't their strategy.

He certainly did really bad the next week and if it didn't seem to hurt him based on the polls, it didn't help him either. He needed to do better than the polls were showing. Trump can get away with that behavior because it's Trump. That's what people expect from him, a tough, old cranky guy. Rubio is in his early forties and looks a decade younger. It makes him seem immature and petty to get at Trump's level (and the small hands crack was lower than Trump) when he has to maintain a certain amount of dignity.
I think you're describing your own reaction and assuming it must be everyone else's. Are you a Republican? Because I'm not exaggerating when I say the Republicans I know, read, and follow on Twitter were almost unanimous in their praise for it.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. But if it's not, I'd bet money against him picking Carson.

When did Rubio ever hit back? I'm with you on the rest but i don't agree that he ever effectively hit back at least?
In the tenth debate, virtually every campaign event he held in the week after, then again in the eleventh debate. The "effectively" part can be debated, but he went at him really hard on both the superficial and the substantive. Guess which got coverage?

The Rubio I wanted to vote for was back last night. Maybe next time. I don't understand how anyone is voting for Trump. It's like listening to your coworkers talk about politics. He doesn't ever seem to have a clue about anything, everyone on the stage talks him out of the conversation but voters don't care because he is different, loud, and calls names. The social media candidate for sure. Infinitely frustrating.

Yeah, when he starts with his "little marco" or whatever crap, i honestly feel like turning off the full debate and actually did last time.
I hate that stuff too but even when he tries to talk policy he is so obviously over matched it borders on ridiculous. I will give him credit for one thing, I thought I hated most politicians till this cycle. He has given me a new respect for their knowledge base. Even the ones I fundamentally disagree with.

BANNED
Whether you like Trump or not, the Chicago protest was way out of line but was to be expected. After all, this is the city were both Malcolm X and Barak Obama had their say. The protest only swayed the undecideds in Trump's favor and if he wins Florida, he will eventually get the delegates needed to secure the party nomination in a run off against Hillary.
The momentum is on his side and it would not be a bad move for him to pick Carson as his running mate. That would probably take away a percentage of black democrats from Hillary.
Although Trump says a lot of stupid things, I can see him assembling a real strong cabinet to improve economic conditions in this country and strengthen our foreign policy, increase security and restore America's strong image in the world, if he was to become president.
Being the ego maniac that he is, failure is not an option. He would get the respect from both Russia and China and these are alliances absolutely necessary in the years to come.
But then again, any alternative to Hillary would be most welcome.

Chicago is also the city of the Democratic Convention riots of 1968, which was strictly white protestors versus cops, so if you're implying the problems showing up at Trump's events are entirely race related, wrong.

I still find it completely amazing he is probably going to be the GOP's nominee. But it looks like the Democrats would have probably nominated Bernie Sanders if blacks didn't like him. This is one screwy election year.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Whether you like Trump or not, the Chicago protest was way out of line but was to be expected. After all, this is the city were both Malcolm X and Barak Obama had their say. The protest only swayed the undecideds in Trump's favor and if he wins Florida, he will eventually get the delegates needed to secure the party nomination in a run off against Hillary.
The momentum is on his side and it would not be a bad move for him to pick Carson as his running mate. That would probably take away a percentage of black democrats from Hillary.
Although Trump says a lot of stupid things, I can see him assembling a real strong cabinet to improve economic conditions in this country and strengthen our foreign policy, increase security and restore America's strong image in the world, if he was to become president.
Being the ego maniac that he is, failure is not an option. He would get the respect from both Russia and China and these are alliances absolutely necessary in the years to come.
But then again, any alternative to Hillary would be most welcome.
lol
America's being ridicularized right now all over the world for even considering voting for Trump, so I don't see that happen! And Russia and China don't usually respond well to someone like him.

Trump should be locked in a basement forever.

Putin likes him.

I think I would, too, although I don't see him getting elected. He sounds like a raving lunatic with the talk about the killing of the families of terrorists, but he has no chance of doing that. He sounds like he would like to be dictator, but, again, this is the United States and he has no ability to do that. He is going to send all the illegals back and build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. Skip the stuff about making Mexico pay for it, Cruz says the same thing and Rubio will also build the wall. He is going to impose high tariffs to bring jobs back. He can't do it unilaterally. The GOP is entirely opposed to it and Democrats aren't keen on it, either. So, he tries to renegotiate some deals with China and Mexico with that threat, he might get some things out of it, declare victory and move on. He is against abortions, standard Republican stuff. On most everything else he is relatively moderate and to the left of Republican dogma. And that is part of the reason he is attracting some Democrats and independents. Some GOP positions like slashing Social Security aren't very popular and poll poorly even among Republicans. I think Trump is a lot more pragmatic than he sounds and his track record indicates that as a businessman.