Who'd win: Darth Vader vs. Sauron

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
Ya he could....... If he had the will to destroy the ring which he dosent.
How can you know, let alone say that? And none of that "he's easilly persuaded" crap... I know Vader better then you do, and I'm quite assured that he wouldn't keep the Ring. The Force is too wise for them to do that. If you think about it, this really isn't a battle between two physical forms... it all comes down to the Force vs. The One Ring, and who'd prevail at the end.

Randomly visiting for now
This thread is fun. Adding to my post before concerning this whole "would vader keep the ring idea?". Firstly he wouldn't know it was dangerous and wasn't Vader/anakin the one with all the fear and hate (random yoda quote "fear leads to anger, anger to hate, hate leads to suffering") so why do you think he wouldn't be tempted by the ring Moviemaker. Just because he's smart doesn't mean he wouldn't try to take the ring for himself, because after all how could he know how much we know about this nasty little ring mmm?

Darth Vader would win by a landslide.....He has far more superior technology than Sauron and his "middle ages" technology. Sure, maybe he has magical powers, but Vader has the force(which I would consider cool magic)
Also.....looking at the Battle of Endor with the Ewoks.....the ewoks were smart, and organized and they had everything sketched out. The storm troopers were surprised from the sudden invasion. With Sauron's army....his orcs are slow and dumb. They also have arrows, and clubs which are going against......rifles and a lightsaber.

Darth Vader in the end.

Hmmm, a lot of interesting responses in this thread. Now there could be a different victor for different circumstances.

What if they were to fight without weapons? (the ring is classed as a weapon)
What if they were to fight with weapons?
The surroundings would affect the fight
What if they were to fight alongside their armies?
What if it was a range fight?

There are too many possibilities to even try and declare a victor in my opinion, and also the characters aren't even from the same time period so the technological advances would be a clear advantage.

A system of cells interlinked
And people just keep forgetting the Craig factor, people in helmets can only clap and drool, and ride the short bus. Vader wears a helmet. Sauron has long hair, so he would have the hippy brigade along with him, and would be forced into a non-violent solution, such as throwing a big love-in for Vader, to try and cheer him up, and get him to stop wearing all that grim black all the time, a sure sign of deep depression. Also, I notice Vader spends a lot of time alone, in that little meditation chamber of his. Depressed people like to be alone. Sayyyyyyyy, that old man who hangs out with vader....Why does he dress Vader in that weird black leather suit, ala The Gimp, from Pulp Fiction? Didn't the emporer put vader in black leather when he was still a kid? Yuk. Now that is weird. So, am I to understand that exploiting handicapped children leads to ultimate power? That is the story the emporer is trying to sell anyway. That creepy kid in the helmet bought it, I'm not going to.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by The Blister Exists
Hmmm, a lot of interesting responses in this thread. Now there could be a different victor for different circumstances.

What if they were to fight without weapons? (the ring is classed as a weapon)
What if they were to fight with weapons?
The surroundings would affect the fight
What if they were to fight alongside their armies?
What if it was a range fight?

There are too many possibilities to even try and declare a victor in my opinion, and also the characters aren't even from the same time period so the technological advances would be a clear advantage.
I say the battle takes place in Mordor, with Vader and Stormtroopers vs. Sauron and the Orcs.

Neutral Milk Hotel
And I say Weapons are aloud becasue if they werent Sauron would be the clear victor against an old man with bad asthma. Armies are also aloud ( Saurons is much bigger but less technologically advanced)
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

And I say Weapons are aloud becasue if they werent Sauron would be the clear victor against an old man with bad asthma. Armies are also aloud ( Saurons is much bigger but less technologically advanced)
----------]

No way Sauron's army is bigger!! It takes a whole battlestar to hold all Vader's troops...and who says they aren't making more wehn the three movies are in progress?? Anyways, i just wanted to say, that sauron's is not bigger, they're probably equal in size. but yes, saurons is really less technologically advanced than vaders which is puts them at a disadvantage.

well, then what if there weren't any weapons?? vader would still have his wicked force powers against sauron. Last time i checked, sauron only got his power from the RING(which is a weapon). so check your books again dude.....Vader would beat Sauron anytime without weapons...

Neutral Milk Hotel
Im Sorry DUDE Saurons powers did not all derive from the ring, If you read all the books concerning Lord of the Rings you would know that Sauron was a servant of the first Darklord and surpassed his master in skill and Magic. How do you think he made the ring of POWER if he isnt Powerfull himself??

A system of cells interlinked
Oh wait, you guys are talking about Sauron here? Not Saurumon? You are talking abotu an all powerful demon or dark lord or something vs a villain that wasn just a general to the guy with the real power, the emporer. Now, what about the whole, "No man can kill me" that the witch king used as his defense? Does this also apply to Sauron? If that is the case, Vader looses to a technicality.

Re: Stormtroopers - I had assumed that being the massive Star Wars fans that you folks are, you would have read the Heir to the Empire series of Star Wars books, that cover the years following Return of the Jedi. These books were licensed out by Lucas to Tim Zahn, and are supposed to be the "official" events that transpire after the original films. The stormtroopers are all clones, and the clones had a flaw. They were almost human, but a vast majority of them were pretty damn stupid, so we find out that the emporer had to exercise a fair amount of control over the clones using the force, to keep them focused on running all the star destroyers, etc. Now, as soon as the emporer is tossed over the railing, The super star destroyer "Avenger" takes a nose dive into the death star II. They explain these events in the later books as all the clones suddenly losing their cohesive instruction and just sort of going haywire. My whole point is Vader couldn't have any stormtroopers with him if the Emporer wasn't there to control all the clones. Vader just didn't have the power to control the stormtroopers, as he was far weaker than the emporer (all powerful people don't go around kneeling to emporers). Vader was sort of weak in comparison, and like I said before, a damn farmboy beat Vader down. Alas, I am still with Craig winning this.

hat reminds me, could a mod please change the title of this thread to "Sauron vs Darth Vader vs Craig, the creepy kid from 5th grade"?

wait wait wait i feel stupid asking this but which one is Sauron? is the eye or the old white beard guy? i have been thinking it wasn't the eye

I think Darth Vader would win.

OK Sauron isnt destroyed by just killing his physical form. The ring would afterwards have to be destroyed and Vader obviously would not destroy it. Vader would wither away into a gollum type creature and when sauron regained his physical form he would whoop vader. There it is end of story.
So Yoda was an all powerful 7 foot monster like Vader, got a hold of the ring and it withered him down to what he is now? Only it didnt drive him crazy, only made him more wise and powerful, and eventually resisted the ring, yet kept his gollum like form? -this has gotten way out of hand.

Well, interesting points, but it would all depend on where they are in their fighting era. Is Sauron a huge ass eye on the top of a tower? Has Vader fought Luke? Is Sauron in prime physical form? Is Vader top notch? All interesting questions that in the end finally play into the result. If Sauron would be in his physical form, Vader and him would most likely fight one-on-one whereas Sauron has a sword, and the ring powers, and Vader has his lightsaber, and his "force." Sauron would crumble under Vader in this match-up. If Sauron was in his eye form he would be atop of his tower5 calling the shots to the orcs, while the stormtroopers would fail miserably under the powers of the dark side of middle earth. So, all in all, it would only depend on the fighting eras the fightees would be in.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
wait wait wait i feel stupid asking this but which one is Sauron? is the eye or the old white beard guy? i have been thinking it wasn't the eye
Ok Sauron is looking everywhere with the eye, but that's not what he looks like, do you remember in the first one where the king of men cuts the ring off the big black-clad dude, that was Sauron (you don't really see him much). The old white beard guy is Saruman and he was a good wizard turned bad, get the picture Taxi Driver?

The End Has Come
Originally Posted by zBLARz
If Sauron was in his eye form he would be atop of his tower5 calling the shots to the orcs, while the stormtroopers would fail miserably under the powers of the dark side of middle earth. So, all in all, it would only depend on the fighting eras the fightees would be in.
Come on, there is no way that the orcs would defeat the Darth Vader's stormtroopers. The orcs have medieval weapons and the stormtroopers have futuristic weapons. It's not even a contest its simple humiliation because the troopers would easily overpower and kill the orcs.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Originally Posted by lor83b
Come on, there is no way that the orcs would defeat the Darth Vader's stormtroopers. The orcs have medieval weapons and the stormtroopers have futuristic weapons. It's not even a contest its simple humiliation because the troopers would easily overpower and kill the orcs.
Not if Mumakills ( the big elephants ) Balrogs, Trolls, wargs, Urukhai, Easterlings (Evil Men) Haradrim (another race of evil men) and Sheloob were involved.

The End Has Come
No way, it's still futuristic technology vs. archaic warfare. The is no way Sauron's army could win.

Neutral Milk Hotel
I really think its just down to opinions which all of ours are biased. You either like Star Wars or you like Lord of the Rings, two different movies taking place in different time periods so they cant really be compared. But its fun to do it isnt it?