Ellen hosting the Oscars.

Tools    

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...academy-awards

I enjoy watching the Oscars. While I think they're held up way too high, and I'm usually the kind of person who doesn't give two craps about award shows, it's still nice to see a lot of people I have enormous respect for get together, get some recognition, and put on a good, entertaining show. Some people see it more of a contest rather than just an ode to good movies that came out that year sure, but I think it's always a good watch.

But anyways, Ellen's a good choice, yes, although very, very safe. She's always been funny, yes, but I always prefer a more fearless host who isn't afraid to get a few boos, like Seth, who In my opinion, made last years Oscar's very memorable. But, that's why arguably, I prefer the Golden Globes more, it's just more loosey goosey. Everyone's getting drunk, and no one cares as much.

What do you guys think? Are you happy with the choice? Or do you not care? Because admittedly, I don't care much myself, but hey, Oscar stuff is always big among a lot of people, and it hasn't been posted yet, so I figured I'd throw it in here.

Oh, God! Not again. I hate her. I didn't like her the last time she did it. Urgh.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I honestly could not care less about the Oscars, so this news is meaningless to me, although you're right when it comes to the Golden Globes. It's just much more laid back. Ricky Gervais killed it as host three years in a row.

I enjoy the Oscars. I don't take them seriously, but I do enjoy watching them take themselves seriously, and maybe seeing a film/actor I admire be recognised. I have nothing against Ellen, and honestly I don't really care who hosts as long as it's not someone I hate.

Most of the fun though is participating in the site's pool, then drinking a little too much and chatting to other MoFos while we watch the show. I've participated in the live chat the last two years now, and it's been a blast each time so I always look forward to February.

I love Ellen and have no problem with her hosting the Oscars again, but Ellen has already done this. I would like to see someone host who's never done it before. Other than Ellen, the only person I would like to see resume hosting the Oscars who has already done it is Billy Crystal. Other than that, I would really like to see someone new in front of that podium.

I just love her. If it's not Billy. It should be her.

She is not! I'm tired of all the, "Oh, Ellen, she's alright. She's okay. It don't MATTER AT ALL that she's a lesbian! She good."

She is IRRITATING as F**K. It'll be nothing but 3-4 hours of her skipping her ass around, dancing, arms outstretched, and people whooping it up as she goes about her dance routines. She'll turn the Oscars into a 3 hour workout video. "SWEATIN' TO THE LESBIAN."

I have heard of her, but have never seen her or even know what she does for that matter. Mostly because i'm not from the US i guess. I have never seen an Oscars ceremony either, i've watched the Baftas a couple of times though. Mostly for Stephen Fry .

I have heard of her, but have never seen her or even know what she does for that matter. Mostly because i'm not from the US i guess. I have never seen an Oscars ceremony either, i've watched the Baftas a couple of times though. Mostly for Stephen Fry .
This is Ellen:

This is what you can expect her to do at the Oscars next year.

Granted, I'm glad we're not getting Seth McFarlane again, though.

Actually, who I really want to see host the Oscars again are James Franco and Anne Hathaway. That whole fiasco was underrated, if you ask me.

This is Ellen:

This is what you can expect her to do at the Oscars next year.
Love it !. For some reason i've got a sneaking suspicion you picked that video to paint her in an unfavourable light . I doubt i'll be watching the Oscars next year whether she hosts or not though.

Granted, I'm glad we're not getting Seth McFarlane again, though.

Actually, who I really want to see host the Oscars again are James Franco and Anne Hathaway. That whole fiasco was underrated, if you ask me.
Only if Franco hosts the Oscars as this guy:

And Anne Hathaway host the Oscars as her:

That'll be a night to remember.

She is not! I'm tired of all the, "Oh, Ellen, she's alright. She's okay. It don't MATTER AT ALL that she's a lesbian! She good."

She is IRRITATING as F**K. It'll be nothing but 3-4 hours of her skipping her ass around, dancing, arms outstretched, and people whooping it up as she goes about her dance routines. She'll turn the Oscars into a 3 hour workout video. "SWEATIN' TO THE LESBIAN."
Arr is throwing a tanty