President Trump

Tools    

Chris, I don't know why you're arguing with me now - it seemed like a page back we were on the same side of the issue.
I don't know that we were, but the fact that you think I should have no objections to what you say if we're on the same "side" is a troubling sentiment.

If I'm repeating myself it's because no one seems to want to acknowledge the point, or attempt to refute it if they think it's wrong
Ash literally just reminded you that they had. You replied without actually acknowledging it.

or when people seem to not understand what I'm saying since what I'm saying is only met with criticisms of how I'm saying it. (So I try to say it again in terms that maybe will be understood the next time.)
It's not being criticized because of how you're saying it. It's being criticized because you're not actually participating in the discussion, but just using it as an excuse to say the same one or two things you always want to say, regardless of topic.

I'm not going to debate you because you only seem interested in debating how I'm writing and the logistics of how people express an opinion.
I'm not arguing, since I haven't heard any substantial refutations to argue with, I'm just expressing my opinion about the political games going on around this situation and wondering why what seems so obvious to some does not seem obvious to some others visiting this thread.
The fact that you flatly refuse to debate (or, let's be honest, really exchange ideas on any level) and just want to "express your opinion" is precisely my point. You're interested in broadcasting opinions, not having discussions. And I'm objecting, seeing as how this is a discussion forum and all.

she is a young woman and probably wants to have abortions if she does get pregnant . so when she is fighting for others right to abort she is fighting for herself too .
Okay, great, she's fighting for herself. That doesn't defend the charge of hypocrisy.

I guess you can make some hyper-nuanced point about how all false beliefs are ultimately a form of self-deception, because deep down we really know certain things. Doesn't seem like that's what you're saying, though.

I can agree with a lot of what you said, except: "Like it or not, he is us."...More accurate to say: Like it or not, he is some of us.

That's fine. Maybe you're being accurate. Doesn't change anything if you're right though, does it? You have your morally defensible arguments and so does the other side. And we're right back to Trump tweets and all the rest of the circus that America is. That to me though is still a denial of who we are and why we have Trump as President.

I know a lot of these don't get watched and that's OK. As it turns out, Hillary talks directly to Jimmy Dore here and sheds some light on this whole thing.

That's fine. Maybe you're being accurate. Doesn't change anything if you're right though, does it?You have your morally defensible arguments and so does the other side. And we're right back to Trump tweets and all the rest of the circus that America is. That to me though is still a denial of who we are and why we have Trump as President.
There is no collective 'who we are', unless you're talking about the Borg.

This is probably the third time you've implied that kids are being actively hurt or dying during this process. I'm not sure where that's coming from. The outrage is (justifiably) about parents and children being separated, not parents being detained and children being executed. Please elaborate.
Separating a parent from their young still developing child IS harmful. Both psychologically and even physically. Its well known how severing the parent-child connection leads to developmental issues and can even arrest physical growth. I used to work as a child counselor in a group home at one point and I can tell you first hand just how damaging removing a kid even from an unhealthy family situation is. Let alone from a nurturing parenting situation where they are on the run essentially already and stressed as it is and in a strange foreign place and that parent is the ONLY sense of security they have in the world. Ive seen kids get physically sick. Ive seen kids stop eating and become emaciated. Harm themselves. And Ive seen tons of them go from kids with normal personalities to troubled angry conflict seekers or withdraw and lose themselves to the point of catatonic dissonance.

Make no mistake, separating kids from their parents IS child abuse. And its measurably detrimental to its young victims:

The social science research on the harms of family separation is backed up by biological research on its physiologic impact. In a 2012 literature review, the AAP wrote, “physiologic responses to stress are well defined” describing the “wear and tear” that prolonged stress places on multiple organ systems, including the developing brain. Sustained elevation of stress hormones can suppress children’s immune systems and even alter the architecture of parts of the brain responsible for learning, memory and future stress responses.

Fortunately, the presence of sensitive and responsive caregivers (generally parents) seems to protect toddlers from some of these harmful hormonal fluctuations. By separating families at the border, we are eliminating this protective effect and rendering children more vulnerable to lasting physical harm. The science of family separation is clear.
-Katherine Yun, MD, MHS, a pediatrician in the Division of General Pediatrics and the Refugee Health Program at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.

Really? What if that one other action is calling the fire department to put the fire out? You're basically saying "no time for that water nonsense! There's a kid near a fire in there!"
Youre micro analyzing the analogy to try to undermine it. How bout just focus on what you know Im saying rather than spending all your focus on poking holes in a general analogy that works. The bottom line is there was a fire and a kid was in immediate danger because of that fire. But we rescued the kid and brought him out of (that) danger. Now there are no more kids in THAT particular immediate danger because the policy has been revoked. Theres still the need for a more permanent fix for the entire fire code/immigration situation but that doesn’t nullify the fact that a kid was in imminent danger and now no longer is.

That's the argument you're actually up against here, not this straw man stuff about letting kids die to prove an abstract point about civics. I realize that's a much easier position to defend, but it's not the actual choice in front of us.
What are you talking about? Die? The fire was an analogy remember? And YOU are the one condemning the idea of rescuing a child in danger because you think its more important to fix the entire fire code situation first. How is that a strawman exactly? Is that not your point of view? My position is RESCUE THE CHILD. Your position is FIX THE LEGISLATION WHILE ITS URGENT. Frankly I think that’s a pretty heartless approach because when someone has chosen to put a child in harms way we should be doing whatever we can to take them OUT of harms way. Not say well now that theyre in harms way we may as well go ahead and come to an agreement about EVERY aspect of immigration so we can get this whole mess behind us. No. F that. WE GET THE CHILD OUT OF HARMS WAY. Period. ESPECIALLY since they’ve been put in that position on purpose! You wanting to use this as an excuse to hash out legislation is essentially supporting Trumps use of these kids as pawns toward his political desires and thats disgusting to me.

Your entire argument hinges on the idea that an Executive Order would happen faster than legislation. But that argument lives in that "world of ideals" where Trump would just do what you wanted immediately, rather than the real world where it predictably took days of outrage and hemming and hawing.
Seriously? It worked! It took him an hour to pen an executive order and it was OVER. Theres ZERO chance they would have come to a decision about a bill and passed it in the senate and the house and implemented it in that amount of time. Are you kidding? They said the very same thing about DACA LAST YEAR and we STILL have nothing despite all the promises from Trump and all the legislators getting together for weeks and weeks before giving up because they cant do squat and they don’t actually give a crap about the Dreamers despite what words they mouth. And look whats going on with this legislation now. Pushed back to Friday. Now pushed back to next week and looking less and less likely anything will happen because extremist republicans refuse to sign off on anything that even hints at compassion for these people. So screw this notion that legislation is always the best approach in every situation no matter the urgency. We have a bunch of representatives that WONT do it no matter what. And I stand by my stance that you do WHATEVER IT TAKES to fix the IMMEDIATE danger for the kids then you vote the douche bags out until we have people in there willing to work together to get something passed. And in the mean time at least no kids will be tortured and tormented in my name...

Well, yeah, that's why I asked: the whole premise of the question is based on the idea that you won't like the way it works out other times, which is why it's not good to favor power grabs in general, even when they produce results you like in a given situation.
Trump already made his "power grab" when he decided to twist the words of the law as an excuse to abuse these children and call it legal. And the American public ended his power grab by putting so much pressure on him that he had to back down. It worked. Not sure why you think this gives anyone free range to do whatever they want and ignore the law. Its actually the opposite in my view.

Are you saying you are willing to let a murderer go free because due process is more important in the long run then these victims' lives in the short run?
Pretty sure Ive already answered this question. And nope, I still don’t see the analogy at all because there isnt one to the situation Ive been describing. But I would ask you to justify why it is you think its more important to keep children in a harmful situation just so you can seek the chance of some elusive legislative final solution. Because that’s what this all boils down to.

Separating a parent from their young still developing child IS harmful. Both psychologically and even physically. Its well known how severing the parent-child connection leads to developmental issues and can even arrest physical growth. I used to work as a child counselor in a group home at one point and I can tell you first hand just how damaging removing a kid even from an unhealthy family situation is. Let alone from a nurturing parenting situation where they are on the run essentially already and stressed as it is and in a strange foreign place and that parent is the ONLY sense of security they have in the world. Ive seen kids get physically sick. Ive seen kids stop eating and become emaciated. Harm themselves. And Ive seen tons of them go from kids with normal personalities to troubled angry conflict seekers or withdraw and lose themselves to the point of catatonic dissonance.
I'm not sure why you wrote all this (and more), given that I said this earlier:

I already take for granted that this is all horrible and potentially traumatizing.
You don't have to demonstrate that separating children from parents is awful or harmful. Of course it is. I asked whether or not there was actually a direct physical threat or possibility of death, because you'd started responding to non-analogy claims with references to death.

Youre micro analyzing the analogy to try to undermine it.
I'm really not. I'm analyzing it at the most fundamental level: does the decision in the analogy involve similar logic and trade offs as the decision in reality? And it doesn't, at all. Which, let's be clear, is why most people use analogies in the first place: because they can make an argument sound better or worse through subtle (sometimes even unconscious) misrepresentation.

How bout just focus on what you know Im saying rather than spending all your focus on poking holes in a general analogy that works.
I'm usually a big fan of the "you know what I mean" posture instead of pedantic text analysis, but you can't play it after wondering aloud why I think we should read the Constitution to melting kids, or whatever cartoonish position you think you're arguing against here.

And YOU are the one condemning the idea of rescuing a child in danger because you think its more important to fix the entire fire code situation first.
Yeah, again, part of the reason I'm litigating your fire analogy is because you keep trying to sneak in blatantly false equivalences like "fire code." Like this is the legislative equivalent of needing the windows to be a few inches wider before we turn the hose on.

I've said a few times now that I think the notion--which your entire position hinges on--that the executive order was actually faster was a fiction, or at least not remotely established.

How is that a strawman exactly? Is that not your point of view? My position is RESCUE THE CHILD. Your position is FIX THE LEGISLATION WHILE ITS URGENT.
No, that isn't my point. I really don't think you're reading these posts very thoroughly.

You really should be able to glean, just from the absurdity of the idea, that the person you're talking to has probably not taken a cleanly adversarial position to "RESCUE THE CHILD." At minimum you should be able to guess that they think this is a false choice. Which, surprise, is actually what I think (and is what I've said).

Frankly I think that’s a pretty heartless approach because when someone has chosen to put a child in harms way we should be doing whatever we can to take them OUT of harms way. Not say well now that theyre in harms way we may as well go ahead and come to an agreement about EVERY aspect of immigration so we can get this whole mess behind us. No. F that. WE GET THE CHILD OUT OF HARMS WAY. Period. ESPECIALLY since they’ve been put in that position on purpose! You wanting to use this as an excuse to hash out legislation is essentially supporting Trumps use of these kids as pawns toward his political desires and thats disgusting to me.
If you're going to be so comically uncharitable as to ascribe a "disgusting" view to me, for something you have clearly misunderstood or misrepresented, then I suppose the equivalent would be for me to accuse you of grandstanding for going on at length about how separating children from parents is bad, even after I clearly said it was traumatic.

Or, we could just assume the other person is probably not heartless, and anything that makes them sound that way is probably a misunderstanding, and at least briefly consider what interpretations are consistent with being a non-heartless person. I think that'd be better.

Seriously? It worked! It took him an hour to pen an executive order and it was OVER.
You're really skipping over all the salient points. I literally just said this:

But that argument lives in that "world of ideals" where Trump would just do what you wanted immediately, rather than the real world where it predictably took days of outrage and hemming and hawing.
It took him an hour once he decided to do it. That process of deciding and bringing the pressure to bear took days.

There is still an important general question about process, which I'm not going to abandon (or be cheaply shamed into pretending doesn't matter), but the more directly relevant point is that your method isn't actually demonstrably faster to begin with, unless you judge the legislative process by real-world timelines but magically exempt the executive order from the same, or only start the clock after all the outrage has accumulated.

Theres ZERO chance they would have come to a decision about a bill and passed it in the senate and the house and implemented it in that amount of time. Are you kidding?
Nope. You know how I know? Because they already had. Schumer unilaterally rejected any idea of a legislative fix, even though it appears to have already been drafted and had significant support. There was plenty of time to vote on it.

Pretty sure Ive already answered this question.
You haven't. You said it wasn't okay to violate that right, but you didn't explain the distinction between that situation and this one. See below:

And nope, I still don’t see the analogy at all because there isnt one to the situation Ive been describing.
The logic is exceedingly simple: in one case, you're willing to do things that put people in danger to protect the integrity of the system. IE: it's better to let a clearly guilty person free on that technicality than to violate due process. In another situation, you think the danger (which, again, is not literal death or direct/immediate physical harm) must be stopped at any cost and requiring any kind of procedure is "stubborn." I'm asking why your conclusion in these two situations is different, since they clearly involve similar trade offs between process and imminent harm.

But I would ask you to justify why it is you think its more important to keep children in a harmful situation just so you can seek the chance of some elusive legislative final solution. Because that’s what this all boils down to.
What "final solution"? We're talking about emergency legislation to counteract this one aspect, which had already been drafted.

At no point have I suggested that we need to fix the entire broken immigration system to stop kids from being separated from their parents.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
That is why you are a hypocrite if you are showing concern for those stranded kids . you don't mind children getting killed in the womb , but suddenly those kids are important .
oh, you're mistaken. a fetus is not a child.

she is a young woman.
actually i'm 47-years-old. i was born in 1971. flower child!!!!!!

i know i look super young it's just good genetics.

sorry to disappoint you.

Summary of all the above executive order stuff, since it is customary to TL; DR when these things get unnecessarily long. There are two key points:

1) Time. The "do something now and fix things properly later" argument implies a trade off between process and time that hasn't been established and I don't think existed in reality. Trump had to be pressured for days, and by that point legislation was ready to go and could've been voted on quickly.

2) Future Harm. We get situations like this specifically because the legislative process is not taken seriously. This kind of sudden, executive-dictated shift in policy (or the application of said policy) is only possible when laws are written vaguely to begin with. There simply isn't any morally coherent way to be this upset about the current situation yet dismissive of increasing the likelihood of situations like this in the future. Or does your answer to the trolley problem flip if we add a slight interval?

You don't have to demonstrate that separating children from parents is awful or harmful.
I don’t now? Then why did you ask how this process "actively hurts" children then? I was simply responding to your request. If you already knew the answer then why ask that question? Never once did I mention that kids were being "executed" as you stated.

I asked whether or not there was actually a direct physical threat or possibility of death
No you didn’t. You said "actively hurt". And to me the trauma of taking a child away from its parents IS actively hurting them. You never mentioned physically hurting them.

because you'd started responding to non-analogy claims with references to death.
Nowhere have I ever said the border patrol is executing children or that they are dying on the spot from being separated. Speaking of straw men... You had stated that legislating the process is important to which I responded "So are children. And human lives". If you thought me mentioning human lives somehow meant I was saying kids are being executed than you were mistaken. Lives are important for their quality AND their existence. The use of the term "human lives" is not a reference simply to their existence. And if you are referring to some other quote other than "human lives" I couldn’t find one that was outside the sphere of the analogy so youll need to enlighten me.

I'm really not. I'm analyzing it at the most fundamental level: does the decision in the analogy involve similar logic and trade offs as the decision in reality? And it doesn't, at all.
It absolutely does. Are you telling me you cant use an analogy involving physical harm or death to talk about a situation that doesn’t specifically involve death? You just wiped out all war analogies then. If I say a person is in danger of "falling off a cliff" because they are at a point in their lives where a decision they make could make life more difficult for them is that not appropriate because falling off a cliff is actually fatal in reality? What analogy do you believe would have been more appropriate then if you think comparing the situation of children being abused by being removed from their parents wasn’t like a child in danger of being burned? I guess to be technically accurate I should have said Trump is lighting a building on fire that full of children. Some kids have already been burned. We need to do everything we can to keep any other kids from being burned. The best way to do that would be to force Trump to stop lighting the building on fire. But that just seems way too technical and pedantic. The general structure of the simple analogy works just fine for me. Maybe because I believe kids are being harmed and you don’t?

I've said a few times now that I think the notion--which your entire position hinges on--that the executive order was actually faster was a fiction, or at least not remotely established.
And Ive replied that it is clearly and obviously faster to make an order then it is to go through the laborious unguaranteed process of legislating something that ISNT just going to be about stopping the actual thing everyone is focused on. I mean that’s just a no brainer. And really you keep turning this toward people failing to legislate. Why don’t you focus the blame where its deserved? On Trumps choice to engage in this practice in the first place because he thinks he can. If he can just decide to start abusing children one day then he can decide to stop. He doesn’t need the inept House and Senate to jump through hoops for him. He doesn’t need bells and whistles and formal announcements. He doesn’t even need an executive order. He just needs to stop. But instead we give Trump a pass on abusing children and we complain that not signing a bill loaded with more than just STOP SEPARATING KIDS AND PARENTS on it is all on the democrats. Garbage. Get this joke of a president to NOT torment kids to begin with and this isnt an issue.

At minimum you should be able to guess that they think this is a false choice. Which, surprise, is actually what I think
Ah so you think there is some other choice than rescue the child or legislate the situation? Im assuming you think its a false choice based on your thinking that legislation is just as fast as rescuing which of course I find absurd? Or is it a false choice because you think the children arent actually being harmed or in any danger?

I guess what weve established so far is that you think use of the term "harm" is not appropriate to this situation and I think it is. You think creating and passing legislation is just as fast as saying STOP and I think its not. Not trying to misrepresent you with those declarations. So please correct me if I have something inaccurate there at all. Maybe you are ok with the use of "harm" as long as its made clear "harm" in no way implies "death" and maybe you think legislating is just as fast as ordering as long as you force the democrats (or far right republicans for that matter) to sign off on extra stuff they don’t want any part of. But you tell me. Im not speaking for you. Im all ears.

Or, we could just assume the other person is probably not heartless, and anything that makes them sound that way is probably a misunderstanding, and at least briefly consider what interpretations are consistent with being a non-heartless person. I think that'd be better.
For the record, I don’t think you are heartless simply based on the overall body of posts I have seen you make in my time here so far. I think you clearly value life and fairness and charity. I think you sometimes twist yourself into knots to justify certain points of view that often run counter to your instinct to do right by your fellow man whether its with guns or taxes or the rigid appropriateness of legislation as in this example. But I don’t think you are pro child cruelty in the least. And perhaps that’s exactly why I was disappointed to hear you try to articulate an argument, that to ME can ONLY be a dichotomic choice, in the wrong direction. Based on things that TO ME seem patently ridiculous like the length of time it takes to successfully legislate in our congress. If a jackass comes off as being a jackass by making cruel comments and showing a lack of caring it doesn’t surprise me. Theres been a few of those Ive engaged with here. But if someone like you seems to be saying things that come off that way it actually makes me mad. Because it doesn’t jive with my notion of who you are as a person. And I begin to think why is he doing this?? Was I wrong about them all along?

the more directly relevant point is that your method isn't actually demonstrably faster to begin with, unless you judge the legislative process by real-world timelines but magically exempt the executive order from the same, or only start the clock after all the outrage has accumulated.
Ive already touched on this earlier in this post but I just don’t get the confusion. Clearly the clock starts when the process starts. If the process isnt successful that’s the fault of the process, not the fault of all parties involved not allowing the process to work. Because disagreement and an attempt to come to a compromise IS part of the process after all. The democrats were not going to sign off on a bill that essentially held children hostage to get a $25 billion increase in wall funding and whatever else. You don’t encourage a terrorist. And the extreme right wing republicans werent interested in a bill that didn’t give them some wall funding and/or some other draconian demand. But Trump caved. Stop the clock. Its really just that simple. Now, lets keep working on that bill.

Speaking of which it seems just this morning Trump has told republicans to stop "wasting their time" on immigration legislation until after November because he predicts a red tidal wave in the November elections. Wonder how he can be so sure of that... Maybe Vlad gave him a call? Either way, this seems to only reinforce my point about the difficulty of successfully reaching a compromise on this issue that can become law.

The logic is exceedingly simple: in one case, you're willing to do things that put people in danger to protect the integrity of the system. IE: it's better to let a clearly guilty person free on that technicality than to violate due process.
Pretty sure my exact words were: "if they have been convicted based on illegal tactics then they arent actually proven guilty of the crime. Specifically, their case should be thrown out and they should be retried." How is throwing out a court decision and having a retrial "letting them go free" exactly? And even if they were set free (which was never part of my reply mind you) the analogy still doesn’t work because their existence in the world doesn’t guarantee a child is being abused whereas Trump separating kids from their parents does by definition.

In another situation, you think the danger (which, again, is not literal death or direct/immediate physical harm) must be stopped at any cost
If the individual was currently engaged in the act of trying to separate a child from their parents or any other form of child abuse, like Trump was, then yeah stop him by any means necessary.

What "final solution"? We're talking about emergency legislation to counteract this one aspect, which had already been drafted.
None of the proposed bills I read were JUST about not separating families. And that includes the "moderate" House Republican bill, the more conservative bill presented by Bob Goodlatte, and the one introduced by Mark Meadows. All of them had other things mixed in there including DACA, legal immigration limits and wall funding as noted. If you are aware of another one that was proposed that had NO other considerations other than STOP SEPARATING THE CHILDREN then let me know. It could be i just couldn’t find it. But I heard nothing about it in any news source I watched or in any of the searches i did using the current legislation search tool on congress.gov. I will note that Diane Feinstein introduced a bill in the Senate that ONLY dealt with the family separation issue but of course, being a democrat, her bill was never considered.

That is why you are a hypocrite if you are showing concern for those stranded kids . you don't mind children getting killed in the womb , but suddenly those kids are important .

Fetus is not a child. If a woman wants to get an abortion, me being a man, who am I to object? Ireland got of the strict abortion laws just a few weeks ago. Now pressure is on Northern Ireland.

I was lucky enough to work with a few asylum seekers as a part of volunteering stuff i did, and it is quite an eye opener.

And these kids are important. If we cant empathize with the parents and their kids, we haven't progressed much as a civilization, I would say.

I am not that much interested in politics to begin with. I just keep track of the news and what's happening around the globe.

But this one just irked me, a lot. Coz the excuses were just lame.

Fetus is not a child. If a woman wants to get an abortion, me being a man, who am I to object? Ireland got of the strict abortion laws just a few weeks ago. Now pressure is on Northern Ireland.
We should have a thread for Controversial Topics such as these!

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=47367

I try to stay away from all of these mostly online.

Being a millennial my views are mostly fall on the "liberal" side of politics. But if the Republicans can offer a candidate that i can respect, why not. I do not consider myself aligned to any party.

I try to stay away from all of these mostly online.

Being a millennial my views are mostly fall on the "liberal" side of politics. But if the Republicans can offer a candidate that i can respect, why not. I do not consider myself aligned to any party.
Me too. I'm Independent - but reviewing my Presidential voting record, it seems (without me even noticing it) I gradually transitioned from Democrat or Green Party candidates to Republican.

As many people get older, they tend to move from liberalism toward conservatism (many, but obviously not all). This is because experience tends to lead to pragmatism - realizing that the beauty of idealism just isn't as easily applied to reality as once thought.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
That fetus/abortion & kids at the border argument was crazy to read.

Suspect's Reviews

That fetus/abortion & kids at the border argument was crazy to read.
What's crazy about it?
Are some children not actually children, so only certain ones being mistreated deserve concern?
Are some humans less-than-human based on their age or stage of development? Is unique, individual human DNA in a person somehow not unique human individual DNA depending on a person's age (thus rendering them not a person)? Are some babies not babies? If they're half in the womb and half out, are they only half human and half something else?

Ah, so many questions, so many controversies.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=47367

As many people get older, they tend to move from liberalism toward conservatism (many, but obviously not all). This is because experience tends to lead to pragmatism - realizing that the beauty of idealism just isn't as easily applied to reality as once thought.
and now for the (surprisingly) less idealistic interpretation from the left-leaner

i always interpreted it like, it's not about getting older, it's about the generation you come from. your generation was brought up in a less socially liberal world. as we as a society become more progressive/open-minded, it's hard for people as they get older to see things that used to align with their party suddenly change or disappear altogether; in the 60s for example, one could call oneself a liberal and still be ok with gay marriage being illegal, abortion being largely illegal, the death penalty still being in force, accepting openly racist attitudes etc. not so today.

anyway, don't worry, the odds are definitely stacked in your favor.

I'm a bit older than Captain Steel and I'm both extremely liberal and extremely conservative and moderate too on some issues...It just depends on the issues themselves. I've never aligned myself with one political party as I only agree with each party about 50% of the time.

Me too. I'm Independent - but reviewing my Presidential voting record, it seems (without me even noticing it) I gradually transitioned from Democrat or Green Party candidates to Republican.

Its like that old saying: Democrats fall in love and Republicans fall in line. That largely explains for me why Democrats can be so inept and Republicans can be so cruel yet effective in my book.