Let's talk about our favorite villians...

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
We needed some new threads.I always have thought the bad guys were cooler than the good guys,ever scince I was a kid.I was about the only girl in grade school who watched He-Man and it was because I was obsessed with Skeletor.I also liked the bad guys in movies too like the blonde,beefy guy in the first Karate Kid,everyone else wanted Ralph wuzhiz name to win,but I seretly rooted for the blonde guy.Who's your good bad guy?

James Mason in North By Northwest. And for that matter, Martin Landau was a pretty good heavy in that movie, too.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm calling Plites right now! Hannibal!

I liked Frost(Steven Dorf) in Blade. Jeremy Irons in Die Hard with a Vengeance. John Doe in Se7en. Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.

I pretty much like any villan in a movie. Good guys suck!

Rock God
this is pretty much a rehash of what i said in the shakespeare thread but i think iago is my favorite villian. he hates that anyone else is ahead of him, so he plots to ruin othello's life and kill a couple people, too. his plans involve treachery and betraying his oldest friend. he's evil, i tell ya! and skeletor is a close second, but don't count out....

DR. EVIL! MUAHAHHAHAH!!!

John Doe (Se7en), Dr. Evil (Austin Powers), Hannibal Lecter (like you don't know), and the dinosaurs of the Jurassic Park movies. Oh, and of course, the greatest bad guy of ALL TIME: Tony Wendice (Dial M For Murder).

Rock God
Keyser Soze! shhh... don't give away any suprises for those people here at the forums who may not have seen the movie, but admit it, THAT'S a good bad guy.

Machiavellian characters like Iago always capture my imagination. Although maybe the characterisation in The Matrix isn't fantastic ,Cypher emerges as the only really 3D character because he reveals his nature and his desires through a sense of Machiavelli. I'll nominate Christopher Walken as "The man with the plan" in Things to do in Denver when You're Dead, a similar sort of character to Richard III, crippled and twisted.

I have to say that on second viewing, that Skeletor is a lot camper than I remember (he's like a homosexual British villain in the mould of Steven Berkoff) as a kid. He used to scare the living daylights out of me! BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL...I...AM...HE-MAN!!! Happy days...

Rock God
of course, i'm not alone in picking iago. a lot of literary experts agree that he is probably one of shakespeare's best villians, and maybe one of the best villians of all time. damn,i still haven't seen the laurence fishburne othello. i haven't been to the video store in a long time.

well, anyway, i think what makes him such a great bad guy is the fact that he's othello's friend and naturally, othello is naive by nature. the wool is being pulled over his eyes by someone who has trusted with his own life, and with his new wifes life and he doesn't even know it. the evil cackling maniacal bad guy doens't quite strike the same chords that someone of iago's nature does. plus, he's incredibly smart and an expert of human nature. he knows exactly how to manipulate and pull strings in order to get people to think and do what he wants. this is a trait that more good villians should have. brains are way better than brawns any day.

also, iago is a character that we are supposed to hate right away. he incites feelings of repulsion and hatred in brabantio in the first scene, so we can see how good he is at manipulating people. also, the way he tries to take advantage of brabantio's obvious racism as a way of putting a wedge between the moor and his new wife is another good example of his cunning... keep in mind, throughout the whole thing he is the only one who pretty much has the entire situation under control. and the way he manipulates roderigo into working for him is almost sad. roderigo is literature's greatest dupe. he's fooled into thinking desdemona will eventually love him...

man, i could go on forever about iago. he's one bad mofo.

Guy
I'll agree with you guys, Iago is the ultimate badguy.

In the first one, he was just a little step-parrot, but he was bad-***. Remember when he was stuffing crackers into the sultan's mouth? In the second one he went solo and ditched Jaffar's ***. Iago is the best.

No FAIR, OG-! Uh ok, I love Hannibal. But hes my hero too, right after Pigsnie, LOLL.

My other great villeins!

Eve in All about Eve. If I saw her in the street Id pee on her. I almost put Addison da Witt but I think he is more of a good guy than a villein.

Tim Roth in ROB ROY. What a bastid!!!

Ike Turner in Whats Love GotTo DO WIth IT? I saw this movie like a week ago & I remembered him, I hope hes in jail.

The villein in the white suit in the UNTOUCHABLES.

Pigsnielite, Frank Nitti's (played by Billy Drago) the man in the white suit you mention and I agree, psychopath isn't the word!

And he had bad teeth too, nuthin worse than a villein who doesnt floss!

yeah that's why they always cast Brits as bad guys...Bad teeth= bad guys, Good teeth=good guys. It's a fool-proof formula wouldn't you say!

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh my God YES!I opened this site thinking people would think I was from LooneyVille but alas,great minds think alike!I love you all...:bawl:Anyhoo,I agree,Tim Roth in Rob Roy was so bad!Oh what about that guy in Robin Hood (the one with kevin costner)I can't remember his name.ooooh,and Julia Roberts in My Best Friends Wedding...I'm joking of course.What till she get's a load of my new Voo-Doo doll HA-HA-Ha-Jack Nickolson as the Joker...Dennis Hopper in anything!

I'll vote Alan Rickman in "Die Hard." Brilliant work, considering this guy has a range and is not the bad guy in everything.

"God, Sex & Apple Pie" -- New Movie in Stores Now
Official Website for the independent film God, Sex & Apple Pie

Michael Wincott is the baddie in Robin Hood. He's a favourite of Oliver Stone. Great in the Crow.

But, obviously the main bad boy is Alan Rickman as the Sherrif of Nottingham!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Keyser Soze...Usual Suspects

John Doe...Se7en

Mr Glass aka Elijah Price...Unbreakable

Hopper...A Bug's Life

Syrus the Virus...Con-Air
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by ggfletch
But, obviously the main bad boy is Alan Rickman as the Sherrif of Nottingham!
definetly! and my favourite line in it is
"...and cancel christmas!"
or...
"why a spoon?"
"beacuse it's blunt it'll hurt more!"