Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

Yes, but are we doing a 3rd Westerns as well? Not saying they couldn’t run at the same time but that would be three specialties at once.
Yes! I really want us to do another Western HoF. I'm excited for it. And I could wait even further to do a Film Noir HoF. I'm open to what people want as far as timing goes.

So...who wants to host the next Western HoF? I prefer to let someone else have the hosting fun on that one, hopefully someone who's not had a chance to host one before...or someone who hasn't hosted in a real long time.
Yes, I agree, I’ll definitely join this one, but not hosting. Maybe @Wyldesyde19, you want to host Westerns III?

I really want us to do another Western HoF. I'm excited for it. And I could wait even further to do a Film Noir HoF. I'm open to what people want as far as timing goes.
If it means you guys can squeeze in another Western Hall of Fame before the deadline for the Countdown, then I'm okay with putting the Noir HoF on the back burner for now.

If it means you guys can squeeze in another Western Hall of Fame before the deadline for the Countdown, then I'm okay with putting the Noir HoF on the back burner for now.
I'll definitely do it at some point. We won't have to wait tell the Western III & Best Picture are over with, but I'll wait a little bit longer than first planned...which will help me make up my mind about which noir nom to go with...there's so many to choose from

I'll definitely do it at some point. We won't have to wait tell the Western III & Best Picture are over with, but I'll wait a little bit longer than first planned...which will help me make up my mind about which noir nom to go with...there's so many to choose from
I feel cautious about doing too many blind noms, but I was thinking of doing one for Best Picture, Westerns, AND Noir, since I’ve seen virtually zero noir. I’m rethinking maybe nominating a favorite BP winner, but idk.

I feel cautious about doing too many blind noms, but I was thinking of doing one for Best Picture, Westerns, AND Noir, since I’ve seen virtually zero noir. I’m rethinking maybe nominating a favorite BP winner, but idk.
Now there's an idea: Blind Nom HoF, it could be fun Well someday maybe we'll do that.

I've done blind noms a couple times and I think they're fine. And I will go with a blind nom for Best Picture so I can see something I haven't seen before.

The trick is not minding
Yes, but are we doing a 3rd Westerns as well? Not saying they couldn’t run at the same time but that would be three specialties at once.
Yes! I really want us to do another Western HoF. I'm excited for it. And I could wait even further to do a Film Noir HoF. I'm open to what people want as far as timing goes.

So...who wants to host the next Western HoF? I prefer to let someone else have the hosting fun on that one, hopefully someone who's not had a chance to host one before...or someone who hasn't hosted in a real long time.
Yes, I agree, I’ll definitely join this one, but not hosting. Maybe @Wyldesyde19, you want to host Westerns III?
Citizen was messaging me previously about hosting one. Idk. I’m definitely interested, but I might want to wait until I’m a little more comfortable with it first.
When I do host one, it may be a horror, sci fi (if cosmicrunaway doesn’t host another, she did a good job on the previous one, and I’d step to the side to allow her to) or maybe a foreign film HOF.

The trick is not minding
I just sat after squeezing in a few noir here and there recently, along with a few westerns and South Korean films. So many good noir films to choose from.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I got no issues starting it tonight if there's still enough interest.
DEFINITELY!! Set it up!

Maybe @edarsenal wants to host Western III? He's hosted only once or twice and long ago. Did a great job too.
Sure, It's been a couple since I've hosted and the last one ran SO smoothly, I scarcely had to do a thing. So I'll start Westerns III shortly after the second closes up. Probably a couple of days after so we have plenty of time to meet the deadline for the Countdown.

I may do a blind grab for Best Pics, not sure. Though I already have a Noir film ready to go and for the Western there's a couple of films I've seen suggested that I'd love to see and may pick one as a blind grab.
Speaking of which, I most likely will make a comment in the opening thread regarding the closeness of the deadline to the Countdown that the third Western HoF MAY BE ideally, a wide blind grab for a lot of us to get those last minute watches of films we truly need to see before making our lists.

For the Noir, I'm sure we could start it up near the end of February, or if necessary, beginning of March and then line up the South Korean HoF in late March if the interest remains for it.

The trick is not minding
Maybe @edarsenal wants to host Western III? He's hosted only once or twice and long ago. Did a great job too.
Sure, It's been a couple since I've hosted and the last one ran SO smoothly, I scarcely had to do a thing. So I'll start Westerns III shortly after the second closes up. Probably a couple of days after so we have plenty of time to meet the deadline for the Countdown.

I may do a blind grab for Best Pics, not sure. Though I already have a Noir film ready to go and for the Western there's a couple of films I've seen suggested that I'd love to see and may pick one as a blind grab.
Speaking of which, I most likely will make a comment in the opening thread regarding the closeness of the deadline to the Countdown that the third Western HoF MAY BE ideally, a wide blind grab for a lot of us to get those last minute watches of films we truly need to see before making our lists.

For the Noir, I'm sure we could start it up near the end of February, or if necessary, beginning of March and then line up the South Korean HoF in late March if the interest remains for it.
Don’t forget to squeeze in a Musical HOF sometime after GBgoodies returns.

Ed's hosting Good idea about the Countdown and blind grabs and I'm cool with that as it seems supporting the Countdown is important.

RE: WESTERNS III HALL OF FAME

okay, I'm going to double post this in both the Hall of Fame Thread and the Westerns II Thread.
Due Date for Western Countdown Lists is May 15, 2020, giving an easy spread of just under 3 months aka 12 Weeks to do a final Westerns III Hall of Fame.
As I've stated previously, I would like to make this coincides with that Last Minute Scenario and suggest that we all go with a nomination that is one that you really wanted to see before finalizing your List of 25, or, even a Blind Grab that has caught your interest but has not fit into your viewing schedule.
This isn't mandatory, just a suggestion for Nomination Consideration. I'm sure a lot of us have already gone through the "Big Name" Westerns and are now in search of those gems in the rough to fill in the gaps of a Voting List.
Now, of course, should a Big Name STILL remain unseen and a true need to see, that'll work as well.
We had done this when I hosted the 30's II HoF with a quick draw that brought out a lot of great unknowns worthy of the Countdown that did show up ON the Countdown. So I'd like to repeat that.

Also, in advance, I'd like to suggest doing the reveal of Nominations about a half week from opening the Thread. (say opening the thread on a Sunday and doing the initial Reveal on a Wednesday or Thursday as an example) And then leaving it open for last-minute joining for those who want to see what's being nominated before deciding on joining in for. . . a week at the most.
The reason for this is this that those of us already looking to join, already have our noms ready to go and it'll give more time to knock this puppy out.

My Question to everyone is:

Should we slap leather and get this pony a-ridin, or take a week pause before getting it started. Or somewhere around there?

Legend in my own mind
Was considering a British HoF where we celebrate all films British.

Not sure what the criteria would be though as there are some grey areas.

The trick is not minding
Was considering a British HoF where we celebrate all films British.

Not sure what the criteria would be though as there are some grey areas.
I like this idea. I’m sure we can hammer out the details for this.

I might join in a musicals hall of fame, that would be a good way to get back into movie watching and hofs.
HEY DARLIN!!
There should be another Musical HoF in the Spring, give or take

I want to do my HoF idea and I want to host it. I think it will be awesome. For you guys organizing just let me know when it's my turn and I'll be ready. I have less time than ever right now but I'm excited for this.