Films You Hate, But Everyone Else Loves

Tools    

I can think of a lot of films to mention here, but I'll say Apocalypse Now. I watched it a while back so I don't remember much about it but I do remember how much I hated it. I wasn't as big into films back then as I am now and most other people think it's a masterpiece so I should probably give it a re-watch sometime soon, I don't remember any specific reasons for hating it, maybe I was just having a bad day? Surely the film isn't as bad as I originally thought. Is there anyone else who really doesn't like this film or is it just me being an idiot?

These Avengers movies. They really are awful. It's like watching someone play Tekken for 2 hours.
I saw a clip of it last night and I was thinking along similar lines. My only hope is that on the big screen it actually looks good. Because on the small screen it looked terrible.

Syrian dabke enthusiast
Star Wars. I don't hate the films I just think they're overrated and I almost fell asleep out of boredom while watching The Empire Strikes Back. I do like the film score though.

I surprised Roger Ebert hated Blue Velvet.
He objected to the way he felt Isabella Rosselini was exploited and felt she looked uncomfortable on the screen, although I'm pretty sure this is what her character's meant to be. My theory is he didn't like it because it was her mother who was his favourite ever actress.

Star Wars. I don't hate the films I just think they're overrated and I almost fell asleep out of boredom while watching The Empire Strikes Back. I do like the film score though.

I'm going to piss off some folks around here but, Blade Runner sucked. I don't hate it though, I just don't like it as much as others do.

I'm new here, by the way.
The only thing I enjoyed in Blade Runner was the model work, other than that it was just boring for me. I can see why people consider it a classic though.

I hated Argo. Well I didn't hate it, I just found it incredibly boring.. I kind of got the vibe that Ben Affleck loves himself and tried so hard to make himself look amazing in it. I understand why people like it but it didn't interest me at all. Paint watches Argo dry.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I hated Argo. Well I didn't hate it, I just found it incredibly boring.. I kind of got the vibe that Ben Affleck loves himself and tried so hard to make himself look amazing in it. I understand why people like it but it didn't interest me at all. Paint watches Argo dry.
I only saw it because it won the "Best Picture" and it was like watching paint dry.

I dont like the Back to the future movies...
The move saids "Future" in it but the movies are mostly set in the past

I dont like the Back to the future movies...
The move saids "Future" in it but the movies are mostly set in the past
Yeah, but at the end they go back. Back to the future.

I would say Se7en and No Country for Old Men are overrated, still not terrible though.

I don't like Borat, but everyone I know loves it.

Oh yeah that's another one I forgot.

I found myself bored watching that movie, sure it's interesting for others but not to me.

twilight all over again

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
"Citizen Kane" and "Titanic". I get the "contribution" (I really can't think of a better word) that the first one gave to films, but I just find it to be so pretentious (maybe it is because I don't like Orson Welles - I don't know). The second one was just so damn boring. The love story was a joke. The acting was amateurish (and that is ridiculous because I like most of the actors in it). It was just TOO LONG. I am really saying something here because the longer the movie, the happier I am. "Titanic" was just torture for me to watch. If I want a good film to watch that revolves around the Titanic, my picks are the original "Titanic" or, especially, "A Night to Remember".