Lockdown: The Positive Thread

Tools    

Will add again.

I've taken up gardening again as well.
I've let my garden go overgrown for a while now. I kinda got bored with it and left it to ruin.

Yesterday I went out with 2 black binbags, and filled them with all sorts of crap.
Broken flower pots etc... weeded everything, including the weeds growing between the slabs and added new soil to the flower boxes and planted a bunch of seeds and stuff.
Just waiting on them to grow now
Edit: I haven't got a clue what the seeds are... it'll be a surprise if and when they sprout

They've sprouted already

I think they're tulips.

Hmmmm .... looks more like a part-buried, whittled carrot to me

I got to binge watch Ozark.

Getting some needed yard work done.

Wife is now working from home so I get to see her more and hear her cussing at co workers when they cant hear her is quite amusing.

Being able to just plain sit back and chill has been quite nice. Hopefully cabin fever takes awhile to set in, but for now all is good.

Now I want to watch some prison movies...

Wow! Vera Lynn is 103!
It’s unbelievable.

I think they're tulips.
You wish.

Wow! Vera Lynn is 103!
Thanks!
(It was seeing the very end of Dr. Strangelove recently that reminded me of this song!)

But I had no idea Vera Lynn was still alive! That's amazing! Same age as the recently late Kirk Douglas! (She's got a song about her on Pink Floyd's "The Wall.")

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Thanks!
(It was seeing the very end of Dr. Strangelove recently that reminded me of this song!)

But I had no idea Vera Lynn was still alive! That's amazing! Same age as the recently late Kirk Douglas! (She's got a song about her on Pink Floyd's "The Wall.")
Didn't know that about The Wall. Can't say I liked the song or the album.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
# Can work from home, so if I finish my task before my time is over, I can simply start watching a film, or something.
# Since I work at home, I don't have to waste time commuting to and from work, although it didn't take much time, it's still some precious time saved, so I sleep longer!
# Don't have to interact face-to-face with other people AT ALL which is introvert heaven!
# I'm safe from Corona and from prying eyes of all these lustful women that are after me... Okay I'm just kidding! I'm not safe from... Corona! I can still get it from touching a takeaway food box that I order!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

This definitely qualifies as a positive news.

I received a free Tinder+ subscription for a month (my miser arse would never pay for a dating site). It allows me more superlikes, but more importantly it allows me to roam around the world.

Bend, Oregon has the sweetest, funniest and friendliest women between the ages 28-40 😂.

Account terminated on request
I can still get it from touching a takeaway food box that I order!
Sure, but the way I handle that is to have a baking pan ready ahead of time, dump it all in, and heat it to 225° for 40 minutes or so, or if you have CDO like me, then an hour.

Christ, I hope this works:

1. Dump it all in.
2. Throw out everything it came in.
3. Wash hands like you have ebola.
4. Set timer.

Works even for subs, but not so much if there's mayo or anything that can't be heated.

PS. Don't try this if you're elderly.....We don't know enough about just how susceptible is "susceptible".
PPS. Women (of all ages), WASH UNDER YOUR LONG FINGERNAILS.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Earlier, I was going to say its quieter around my neighborhood, but then two hours later, neighbors were fighting, face to face (hope they didnt catch COVID-19) and boy did it last long.. Family members on both sides started getting into it, all because of loose dogs roaming around.

Been lovely round here tbh with everyone inside.
Usually there's a handful of people hanging around the carpark nearby, drinking premium strength lager and fighting over who smoked the last joint.

It's great at the minute though.

They've sprouted already

I think they're tulips.

A week later... and there's more of them

Don't think they're tulips, so still got absolutely no idea what they are.

Definitely either geraniums or some other plant imo.