Ben Affleck

Tools    

Unfortunately for Ben Affleck he just has one of those faces where he can't physically portray subtle nuances of emotions. I think it's his eyes. However, he is a talented writer and fine director. Gone baby Gone, The Town and Argo are all very good films.

As some have mentioned already his brother Casey is off the scale as an actor. Watch him in the Assassination by Jesse James... incredible.

sorry but not impressed by his acting nor directing

I believe Ben Affleck could be a late bloomer with his best yet to come. I also thought he acted well in Changing Lanes and Boiler Room. As far as a director, he is 3 for 3 as far as I'm concerned, and just learning.
I, too, thought he was quite good in Changing Lanes...I think he gave his strongest performance playing George Reeves in Hollywoodland.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I'm lost on the narrative that is being circulated about Affleck's comeback When did his fall from grace occur? Because he played Batman?

I'm tempted to go see The Way Back , even though I can't say I've wanted to go see a sports movie after I was 13 years old.

I'm lost on the narrative that is being circulated about Affleck's comeback When did his fall from grace occur? Because he played Batman?
No. The fact that he was an admitted alcoholic, a compulsive gambler & his divorce from Garner.