Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I want to do my HoF idea and I want to host it. I think it will be awesome. For you guys organizing just let me know when it's my turn and I'll be ready. I have less time than ever right now but I'm excited for this.
probably april or may at the earliest should to it.

I want to do my HoF idea and I want to host it. I think it will be awesome. For you guys organizing just let me know when it's my turn and I'll be ready. I have less time than ever right now but I'm excited for this.
Cool, sounds interesting I'm intriqued!...We don't have any specific scheduled list as to what HoF goes next. We tried that several years ago and it went badly and caused problems (you might remember all that). So now it's a free market and go when you think it's a good time for your HoF....but people are always cool and respectful about when to go and we try to make some sense of it all.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Noir is due for another HOF! I also have a nomination in mind for it, should we do one some time soon.
After the other HOF we have planned in the coming months behind Best Picture, Musical (Once Gbgoodies is well enough to return), a couple more comedies in 15 year intervals (1990-2005 and 2005-current) and a third Western citizen has mentioned.....yes, either after or during a few of those haha.
What? I’m not obsessed or anything 😏
Gbgoodies wants to be a part of the musical HOF when she returns, so that can wait.
Oh yeah that makes sense about waiting, I see what you mean now. I agree too.

So yeah wait on the musical for gbg for sure.
Don’t forget to squeeze in a Musical HOF sometime after GBgoodies returns.
oh, god yes!
That'll be our celebratory return of the dear sweet lady

Thank you to everyone for waiting for me for the next Musicals HoF. I'm finally back, but I still need a few weeks for my eyes to be ready to watch movies. Technically I can see better now than I could see before the surgery, but I still have to wait until the beginning of March before I can get new eyeglasses to match my new prescription. Right now, I can almost see the TV, but distance viewing is still a little bit blurry. (It's kind of like looking through a camera that's just slightly out of focus.)

Thank you to everyone for waiting for me for the next Musicals HoF. I'm finally back, but I still need a few weeks for my eyes to be ready to watch movies. Technically I can see better now than I could see before the surgery, but I still have to wait until the beginning of March before I can get new eyeglasses to match my new prescription. Right now, I can almost see the TV, but distance viewing is still a little bit blurry. (It's kind of like looking through a camera that's just slightly out of focus.)

Welcome back! And so glad to hear from you I'm in no rush to do the Musical Hof and so sometime in March after you get your new glasses is fine.

Noir is due for another HOF! I also have a nomination in mind for it, should we do one some time soon.
After the other HOF we have planned in the coming months behind Best Picture, Musical (Once Gbgoodies is well enough to return), a couple more comedies in 15 year intervals (1990-2005 and 2005-current) and a third Western citizen has mentioned.....yes, either after or during a few of those haha.
What? I’m not obsessed or anything 😏
Gbgoodies wants to be a part of the musical HOF when she returns, so that can wait.
Oh yeah that makes sense about waiting, I see what you mean now. I agree too.

So yeah wait on the musical for gbg for sure.
Don’t forget to squeeze in a Musical HOF sometime after GBgoodies returns.
oh, god yes!
That'll be our celebratory return of the dear sweet lady

Glad to have you back, and excited for the Musicals HoF with you!

Welcome back! And so glad to hear from you I'm in no rush to do the Musical Hof and so sometime in March after you get your new glasses is fine.

Thanks. I'm glad to be back too.

You guys have been so busy while I was gone that it might take me until March just to catch up on what I missed here.

The trick is not minding

Thanks. I'm glad to be back too.

You guys have been so busy while I was gone that it might take me until March just to catch up on what I missed here.
Welcome back!

WELCOME BACK, GBG!!!

One of my sisters-in-law had the same surgery about two years ago. It does take a little while, but she's been very happy with the results and hope you are too.
And it'll be wonderful to do the Musical HoF whenever you're ready. It could make for a great Spring HoF.

WELCOME BACK, GBG!!!

One of my sisters-in-law had the same surgery about two years ago. It does take a little while, but she's been very happy with the results and hope you are too.
And it'll be wonderful to do the Musical HoF whenever you're ready. It could make for a great Spring HoF.

Thanks.

I'm sure that I'll be happy as soon as I get my new eyeglasses. It's just frustrating right now because my eyes are still healing, so my vision changes slightly almost every time I blink.

It was even more frustrating between the two surgeries. After the first eye was done, my vision was much better in that eye, but the other eye still had my original poor vision. I had to remove the lens from one side of my old eyeglasses, which made it a little bit easier to see, but I still had the problem with each eye having a different prescription, and seeing things clearly at different distances. Every time I moved my head even the slightest bit, my eyes had to try to re-focus, which caused me to get dizzy for a few seconds until they learned how to work together.

Thanks.

I'm sure that I'll be happy as soon as I get my new eyeglasses. It's just frustrating right now because my eyes are still healing, so my vision changes slightly almost every time I blink.

It was even more frustrating between the two surgeries. After the first eye was done, my vision was much better in that eye, but the other eye still had my original poor vision. I had to remove the lens from one side of my old eyeglasses, which made it a little bit easier to see, but I still had the problem with each eye having a different prescription, and seeing things clearly at different distances. Every time I moved my head even the slightest bit, my eyes had to try to re-focus, which caused me to get dizzy for a few seconds until they learned how to work together.
I can only imagine. A lot of that was the same for my sister in law. The dizziness, the frustration of it all until the healing was complete. But she was utterly overjoyed with the result.
So take it easy, and -- try not to do any tight rope walking until AFTER the healing.

I can only imagine. A lot of that was the same for my sister in law. The dizziness, the frustration of it all until the healing was complete. But she was utterly overjoyed with the result.
So take it easy, and -- try not to do any tight rope walking until AFTER the healing.

The surgery is done for both eyes already, so at least the dizziness is gone. When it's all over, I'm sure that I'll be as happy with my results as she was with her results.

And I promise, no tight rope walking anytime soon.

Thank you to everyone for waiting for me for the next Musicals HoF. I'm finally back, but I still need a few weeks for my eyes to be ready to watch movies. Technically I can see better now than I could see before the surgery, but I still have to wait until the beginning of March before I can get new eyeglasses to match my new prescription. Right now, I can almost see the TV, but distance viewing is still a little bit blurry. (It's kind of like looking through a camera that's just slightly out of focus.).
Geez, gb. I didn't realize you underwent eye surgeries. Was it to the retina? It's a little daunting when they go into the eyes. I've got to have retinal surgery on my left eye, but I'm putting it off until it gets so bad that it's necessary. Cataract replacements were a snap!.. Glad to hear that you're coming around.

Geez, gb. I didn't realize you underwent eye surgeries. Was it to the retina? It's a little daunting when they go into the eyes. I've got to have retinal surgery on my left eye, but I'm putting it off until it gets so bad that it's necessary. Cataract replacements were a snap!.. Glad to hear that you're coming around.
She had said it was cataract surgery. Unless more was done.

She had said it was cataract surgery. Unless more was done.

I had cataract surgery on both eyes, but it was a bit more complicated than normal cataract surgery because I couldn't just get local anesthesia. I have a severe fear of anything coming near my eyes, so I couldn't be awake for the surgery like most people. The doctor had to use anesthesia so that I was asleep for the first half of the surgery. (I woke up with only about a minute or two left of the operation, so I slept through the part where the doctor made the incision into my eye, and the changing of the lens.)

Because of that, I had an eye patch on my eye when I left the surgical center, and I couldn't start the eye drops right away. (Most people just get local anesthesia, so they just get up and walk out of the surgical center after the operation, with no eye patch necessary.)

In addition, my eyesight was so bad before the surgery, (even before the cataracts), that after the first operation, my vision in each eye was so different that it caused bad headaches and dizziness. My depth perception was so bad that I could hardly function. I was dropping things, spilling stuff, etc.

Now that both eyes are done, my vision matches in both eyes, but I still can't get new eyeglasses yet, so everything past about 1 - 2 feet in front of me is slightly out of focus. It's still causing some problems for me, but at least I can see enough to get around.

Now that both eyes are done, my vision matches in both eyes, but I still can't get new eyeglasses yet, so everything past about 1 - 2 feet in front of me is slightly out of focus. It's still causing some problems for me, but at least I can see enough to get around.
Sounds like you had a tough one, gb. Glad to hear that the worst is behind you, and that you'll be getting corrective lenses soon.

I had both done as well. The anesthetist used propofol, which kept me unaware for both. The first was the traditional surgical method. The second was the newer laser procedure.

Will eventually have to have the retinal peeling procedure for retinal edema, but I'm putting that one off until absolutely necessary...

~Doc

Sounds like you had a tough one, gb. Glad to hear that the worst is behind you, and that you'll be getting corrective lenses soon.

I had both done as well. The anesthetist used propofol, which kept me unaware for both. The first was the traditional surgical method. The second was the newer laser procedure.

Will eventually have to have the retinal peeling procedure for retinal edema, but I'm putting that one off until absolutely necessary...

~Doc

I thought about laser surgery, but I decided against it only because they said that it was expensive, and it wasn't covered by my insurance. However I heard the nurse explaining how it works to another patient, and it made me glad that I decided against it. The nurse said something about a suction cup being placed over the eye, and then the suction cup being filled with water. I don't think I would have been able to get through that procedure.

I don't know anything about the retinal peeling procedure for retinal edema, but it sounds like it's probably much more complicated than the cataract surgery. I can understand why you want to wait as long as possible to get it done.

Legend in my own mind
I like this idea. I’m sure we can hammer out the details for this.
Would you want to host a Best of British HoF? or know anyone that would want to and would be a good host?

I like the idea but fear that I am not logistically minded enough to keep it all up to date and get the right info.

More than happy to give it a go.

I think it should be films that are Produced in Britain. I already have at least 10 ideas for noms