Films You Hate, But Everyone Else Loves

Tools    

I dislike, but many at least like:

The Amazing Spider-Man (the 2nd one is much worse but it seems most hate it anyway)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (I will be rewatching it, so I dunno if my opinion will change, but I currently dislike it)
Unstoppable (I really like Denzel as an actor, but imo this is one of the worst films I've seen with him, also one of my least fave Tony Scott films that I've seen)
Solo: A Star Wars Story (need to rewatch the prequels and the original trilogy, but this is certainly the first SW film that I've disliked on first viewing)

Di je Karlo?
I've already reviewed Princess Mononoke, and I'm planning to do so with Pan's Labyrinth, and both are popular movies I hate. The only other movie I could talk about is Fargo. I don't get how it's supposed to be one of the Coen brothers' best.

Nearly all the films I posted have favorable scores on Rotten Tomatoes (I didn't check for Homecoming, but don't need to, as it seems to be pretty well-accepted among YouTubers that post vids on films, and, as I recall, was high on Collider's Top 50 Superhero movies), so either critics or audiences have at least liked them.

As I recall, none of the ones I checked was below 60 in audience or critical score.

I grant that Unstoppable and Homecoming might be the popularly loved ones in the bunch (I already spoke on Homecoming, and, as I recall, Unstoppable was in the 80s on the Tomatometer).

I've already reviewed Princess Mononoke, and I'm planning to do so with Pan's Labyrinth, and both are popular movies I hate. The only other movie I could talk about is Fargo. I don't get how it's supposed to be one of the Coen brothers' best.
Oof. As you know, I love Mononoke, and Pans Labyrinth is in my top ten. Guess we just have very different taste.

As for me:
High Noon
Despicable Me
South Park Movie
The Jerk
Kung Fu Panda
Joker

Those are off the top of my head, I don’t HATE all of them, just not a huge fan.

Legend in my own mind
The Greatest showman. I thought it was average at best. La la land was considerably better IMO

I've mentioned these films elsewhere, but Parasite, Joker, and American Beauty.

The Greatest showman. I thought it was average at best. La la land was considerably better IMO
I liked The Greatest Showman but no argument that La La Land was better.

Mad Max: Fury Road.
I tried to watch this movie a couple of weeks ago and turned it off about 25 minutes in...couldn't figure out what was going on and bored the hell out of me.

Why did you hate Her?
I explain in my Her review

I tried to watch this movie a couple of weeks ago and turned it off about 25 minutes in...couldn't figure out what was going on and bored the hell out of me.
I shut off Fury Road after only 15 minutes, a popcorn movie that I had no interest in seeing.

12 Angry Men? Wow, that's an unexpected choice. What made it so bad to you? I think it's a court drama masterpiece.
I explained in my review 12 Angry Men

Account terminated on request
Nearly everyone I know loved Glengarry Glen Ross, but I couldn't stand it. My wife asked me twice during the theater to leave and I very nearly did.

However the first and last scenes [barely] saved it. Should have been a 20 minute movie.....there was nothing in the middle that wasn't simply painful for me to sit through. It was like having root canal, without the happy fun fun fun feeling.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Account terminated on request
American Beauty

Don't hated it, but I think it sucks. Acting, story, etc.
WARNING: "American Beauty" spoilers below
I thought that having a death show up like that at the ending really smacked of the writers simply not knowing how to wrap it up. It wasn't a bad film, and I did like some parts of it. But overall, it's in the 99¢ bin.

Welcome to the human race...
WARNING: "American Beauty" spoilers below
Really? I thought him dying was kind of the whole point. He even spoils it during the opening narration ("in less than a year, I'll be dead") and even reminds you that the third act of the movie takes place during the last day of his life. It's what the whole film is building up to - he feels dead inside already and decides to rebel against his stifling lifestyle, which is ironically the main contributing factor to him ultimately being murdered at the end of the film (though you could argue that every character's suburban malaise and their attempts to break free from him ultimately play a role in causing his death).

Still wouldn't call it a good movie, but that part at least makes sense.

Anyway, some of my picks (though I'm obviously stretching the "everyone loves" part a bit)

Crank
Kick-Ass
Zombieland
Deadpool/Deadpool 2