Scariest movie of all time

Tools    

Session 9
The Vanishing
John Carpenter's The Thing

The Vanishing
Please, Garrett, I sincerely hope you mean the super-creepy original Dutch film Spoorloos, and not the awful American re-make starring Kiefer Sutherland and Jeff Bridges - a lame take on the material, though shockingly directed by the same fella.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Please, Garrett, I sincerely hope you mean the super-creepy original Dutch film Spoorloos, and not the awful American re-make starring Kiefer Sutherland and Jeff Bridges - a lame take on the material, though shockingly directed by the same fella.
Yeah, the original...probably should have mentioned that earlier. I hated the remake.

*WHEW*

Just as I was starting to respect your taste, I was afraid I was going to have to quickly recind it.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
*WHEW*

Just as I was starting to respect your tatse, I was afraid I was going to have to quickly recind it.
Heheh...close one.

Hey buds --

Videodrome was the most horrifying of all time.
Recent -- has nobody seen Memento? & thought about it?

L&K
j

There is no way I could narrow it down to one movie that is the scariest. There are so many good one's out there.

Originally Posted by Jozie
Hey buds -- has nobody seen Memento? & thought about it?

L&K
j
Yes, but I wouldn't consider it the scariest movie of all time, I liked it, but never thought about it for this thread.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by RedQueen83
Has anyone Seen Ravenous? Pretty Creepy if you ask me more gross then anything though
It's a movie about Cannibals and this band of men that are hunting the cannibal down cause of the attacks on the village ends up that it was the priest that was the cannibal... pretty bad huh?

Here is a link for the Roger Ebert Reviews on the movie

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/ebert_...03/031904.html

Not that you would ever post spoilers and not tag them or anything, like say...... the end of a movie like Ravenous.

(please tag your spoilers, some of us haven't seen some films)

The Green Lantern
The Ring
The Shining
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

the ring is not scary but it is cool.halloween 2 is sorta scary so ill go with dat

taheee^

And this is my BOOMstick!
You people are messed up!!! How can you possible say that movies such as The Others, Session 9, Psycho, The Evil Dead (I'm not saying nothing about Army of Darkness, thats the best comedy i've ever seen) and stupid crap like exorcist 3 are scary? All my friends encouraged me to see the others. ok.. after about an hour i lost all interest in the movie. can someone PLEASE name ONE SCARY SCENE in that movie? Then Session 9. Heres the plot. People come. Nothing happens. Movie ends. I cant believe i skipped school to watch that crap. And you'd have to be a 90 year old geezer to find psycho scary. i found it kind of funny at some parts. i yet have to watch rosemary's baby, but im not sure if thats any good. my friend got me exorcist 3 DVD. Seriously, how damn stuipd do you have to be to get scared by a grandma srwaling on the roof. boo-hoo, baby. watch the first exorcist, that will make you **** your pants. as for movies like halloween, friday 13th, and nightmare on elm street, i dont think those ever meant to be scary. they are just those movies you watch where they trick you into popping a boner when some hot chick ges unddressed, and then suddenly loose it becase the killed chops her head off. That's pure entartainment, not scary. That's why Freddy vs. Jason ruled.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
You people are messed up!!! How can you possible say that movies such as The Others, Session 9, Psycho, The Evil Dead (I'm not saying nothing about Army of Darkness, thats the best comedy i've ever seen) and stupid crap like exorcist 3 are scary? All my friends encouraged me to see the others. ok.. after about an hour i lost all interest in the movie. can someone PLEASE name ONE SCARY SCENE in that movie? Then Session 9. Heres the plot. People come. Nothing happens. Movie ends. I cant believe i skipped school to watch that crap. And you'd have to be a 90 year old geezer to find psycho scary. i found it kind of funny at some parts. i yet have to watch rosemary's baby, but im not sure if thats any good. my friend got me exorcist 3 DVD. Seriously, how damn stuipd do you have to be to get scared by a grandma srwaling on the roof. boo-hoo, baby. watch the first exorcist, that will make you **** your pants. as for movies like halloween, friday 13th, and nightmare on elm street, i dont think those ever meant to be scary. they are just those movies you watch where they trick you into popping a boner when some hot chick ges unddressed, and then suddenly loose it becase the killed chops her head off. That's pure entartainment, not scary. That's why Freddy vs. Jason ruled.
Hi, so nitzer what do you think is scary, other than the Exorcist?

Maybe one. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre had a few surprises, nothing too scary. Don't know why people bragged about how they couldn't sleep for weeks after seeing that.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Maybe one. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre had a few surprises, nothing too scary. Don't know why people bragged about how they couldn't sleep for weeks after seeing that.

A few surprises?! Oh c'mon, are you talking about the newest one? If so, that movie did nothing but make you jump! Now I'm not saying I couldn't sleep for weeks, I slept just fine. But to say it only had a few surprises, I think we have a liar on our hands here folks. I'm just messing with you by the way.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
A few surprises?! Oh c'mon, are you talking about the newest one? If so, that movie did nothing but make you jump! Now I'm not saying I couldn't sleep for weeks, I slept just fine. But to say it only had a few surprises, I think we have a liar on our hands here folks. I'm just messing with you by the way.
I'll list the only 2 scary scenes in the movie:

1) When the first guy goes in the house and get killed by Leathface (he was watching the tv and leatherface came up behind him.)

2) The vey end when the girl was in the car and all of a sudden Leatherface comes out of nowhere and attempts to stop the car by smashing it with a chainsaw. Well, not smashing, but he did try to stop it.

The only scene that will forever haunt my mind and give me the creeps is Regan doing the crabwalk down the stairs. Everytime I go outside when it's dark I tend to run because I think she's doing 50 km/h behind me.

How about Black Christmas with Karen Black.
Freaked me out when the cop Carl Malden was on the phone and told Karen that the they traced the call of the guy who was stalking her and the call was from in the house!

Originally Posted by Psyklone
I think the scariest movie I've ever seen was probably "Event Horizon". Not only is deep space a scary enough thing, but you add Sam Neill and a spaceship possed by hell into the mix, and you've got a movie that scares the crap out of me everytime I watch it.
This movie freaked me out too!
Also: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hellraiser, Haxan (some of the scenes were creepy), The Thing
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

When I was five, I nearly wet myself watching Dracula with Christopher Lee. As a matter of fact, at that age all Hammer movies scared the hell out of me.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot