RIP Johnny Crawford

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I saw his face on the "trending" and knew it was probably death, but I held hope that it was "Rifleman" related. For the last year, I have watched "The Rifleman" every single night before going to bed.

Awww. that's sad...I wasn't a hug fan of the show, but I've seen a few episodes and I thought Johnny was very good. It's strange that he never really could get a career going after The Rifleman...I do remember him starring in 1973 film called The Naked Ape and never saw him in anything after that. RIP

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Awww. that's sad...I wasn't a hug fan of the show, but I've seen a few episodes and I thought Johnny was very good. It's strange that he never really could get a career going after The Rifleman...I do remember him starring in 1973 film called The Naked Ape and never saw him in anything after that. RIP

I just saw the last episode two days ago, and he played guitar and sang to the song, "Greensleeves" and learned today he had a career singing, even released an album.

I heard from others today who met him and it seemed like he was the character from the show. Nice guy.

Geez, I don't think I missed an episode of The Rifleman on Tuesday nights for its first 4 seasons. By '62 I was off to college. Crawford was good in his role. I heard from a few actors that Chuck Connors was a stone pr*ck.

Crawford was a year and a half younger than I... ouch.

Really late commenting but I heard about his passing as soon as it was published/aired. I, as a kid, never missed a single episode of The Rifleman and it was/is my favorite Western series of all-time. I remember my older sister had a single he recorded called "Your Nose is Gonna Grow" (if you lie, BTW) and I used to listen to it all the time.

He filmed a movie called Indian Paint (1965) at a town near my hometown and he and his brother Bobby were hanging out in the town when they weren't needed on the set. His brother was somewhat of a teen heartthrob then and I think he sang also. My sister and her friends went with my parents over to the town and waited at the hotel were they were staying. From what my sister told me, the brothers would peek out at the girls and grin as the girls screamed in delight. There's another tale about my Dad pretending to be part of the film crew and hitching a ride out to the set in the country but that's another story. Also, part of it was filmed on land owned by my other sister's future fiancé, and he and his brother had blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos in the movie. So his passing just really hits close to home, figuratively and literally. Godspeed, Johnny.