Recommend me superhero series that don't suck

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
- The Flash (2014) - Great first season, less good 2nd season. The 3rd season got all speedsters and their grandmothers. I lost interest.
- The Flash (1990) - loved that series [now is corny as hell]
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983)[?] - so, so.
- X-Men (1992) - good show
- The Powerpuff Girls (1998) - I like the way they look so cute yet deliever all th blood and gore.
- ThunderCats (1985) - excelent.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) - so so
- Dragon Ball (1995) - stopped a nation when it shown on tv.
- The Transformers (1984) - G1 is the best. The animated movie is a kick in the face for the characters you liked. Everything else is rubbish imho
- Spawn (1997) - dark and gritty
- Darkwing Duck (1991) - funny
- Danger Mouse (1981) - has a special kind of humor I nevr bonded with
- Mobile Suit Gundam (1979) - pretty good. The worst part is that there are so ******* many episodes and sub.series it is baffling.
- The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show (1979) - cool show
- Jessica Jones (2015) - dark and gritty.
- Heroes (2006) - so so.

I was all about the Flash til about midway through season one when at the end of an amazing, event filled episode, they introduced time travel and undid everything great that happened. Every season the main villain has been another speedster, now everyone and their brother is a speedster to the point that the Flash is hardly unique on his own show...

Arrow started out great then eventually went the CW direction making everything about who was dating who.

Ironically, Supergirl started on CBS with horrible effects, stories etc. (seriously, I stopped watching at the ep. with red tornado as it looked like VERY bad cosplay) now that it's moved to the CW, I tuned in to see their version of Superman on the season 2 premiere and CW of all people shelved the love story angle and started putting out decent shows. (And their version of Superman was great) Shame Brandon Routh is tied up with legends of tomorrow which I couldn't even get into, a solo Superman series with him would be great.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I highly recommend the short-lived TV series "No Ordinary Family" starring Michael Chiklis. It only lasted one season, but it's definitely worth watching.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591493/reference

As for the TV show "Heroes", the first two seasons were great, but then there was a writers strike during season two, and the second half of the season was cancelled. When the show came back for season three, it was nowhere near as good as it was before the strike, and it just went downhill from there. It's worth watching the first two seasons, but seasons three and four are a waste of time.

- The Powerpuff Girls (1998) - I like the way they look so cute yet deliever all th blood and gore.
Best theme song. It's straight up drum n bass.

supahero in anime, recent years

One punch man

Boku no hero academia

Kekkai Sensen

A sort of Watchmen-wannabe, not so good, but some battle pretty kewl
Concrete revolutio

awesome
Mob psycho 100

Let the night air cool you off
I watched the trailer and several clips of The Flash (1990) series. I thought it would be pretty cheesy and while a level of cheese existed in what I watched, I was very surprised by how weird it looked, in a good way. It looked like the whole show took place on a soap opera set, but the effects were cool in a dated but less silly way than the modern Flash show where the effects already look bad but are presented as serious effects. It seems like a show where the negatives are actually positives because they add to the unique atmosphere. Hopefully the full episodes will retain that weirdness, because if they do I think I will have found a gem that is now somewhat hidden.

I had all the toys, vehicles, comics, everything.
I had a million Batman ACTION FIGURES when I was a youngster too. I was all about rodeos and Batman when I was a kid.

Apparently, Legion on FX is pretty great.
It has April Ludgate, so I will watch it. Right now actually. It's on tv right now. Hopefully I am not screwing up by watching this show out of sequence. I have no idea which number of episode this is.

Know any good superhero anime you can recommend me?
You know PMMM is technically a superhero show? (and perhaps the best thing the genre ever produced) Pretty much all magical girl shows in the influence of Sailor Moon are superhero shows. The reason is the Sailor Moon is essentially power rangers for girls.

Well, Mob Psycho 100 and One Punch Man fit better the American understanding of superhero being about (mostly) males with supernatural powers. The two are some of the most entertaining stuff I ever watched.

Mob Psycho 100 boasts some of the best animation ever for a TV show:

And some very unique art style as well.

While Flip Flappers is my favorite superhero show of the past 4-5 years. Though its basically like Utena mixed with Kaiba. Its more of an arthouse animation for anime buffs than a superhero show.

Has some cool action scenes as well:

Almost as good as Mob Psycho 100.

There are some good live action Japanese super hero shows as well like Kamen Raider and Ultraman (the last one is very popular among middle aged Brazilians).This is a list of 14 favorite Kamen Rider series of some guy on the internet:

http://kamensentai.blogspot.com/2012...rider.html?m=1

And also, how could I forget, el classico: El Chapolin Colorado

That's not just parody, its CINEMA.

Legion has been pretty interesting so far. I am not sure if I like it or not yet. At times it looks really cool and other times it seems like maybe it's trying a little too hard.

You know PMMM is technically a superhero show? (and perhaps the best thing the genre ever produced) Pretty much all magical girl shows in the influence of Sailor Moon are superhero shows. The reason is the Sailor Moon is essentially power rangers for girls.

Well, Mob Psycho 100 and One Punch Man fit better the American understanding of superhero being about (mostly) males with supernatural powers. The two are some of the most entertaining stuff I ever watched.

Mob Psycho 100 boasts some of the best animation ever for a TV show:

And some very unique art style as well.

While Flip Flappers is my favorite superhero show of the past 4-5 years. Though its basically like Utena mixed with Kaiba. Its more of an arthouse animation for anime buffs than a superhero show.

Has some cool action scenes as well:

There are some good live action Japanese super hero shows as well like Kamen Raider and Ultraman (the last one is very popular among middle aged Brazilians).This is a list of 14 favorite Kamen Rider series of some guy on the internet:

http://kamensentai.blogspot.com/2012...rider.html?m=1
I will definitely look into these shows, but I am not entirely sure they will all be for me or be exactly what I am looking for. I do love One Punch Man though. I am pretty interested in those two live-action shows you mentioned. It's kinda weird that Ultraman is very popular among middle aged Brazilians; seems like an odd thing to be popular, but what do I know?

Not really a superhero series (but since many animated series have been mentioned)...
Samurai Jack.

One of the most unusual and original animated action series about an ancient samurai who is transported to a crazy dystopian future. Each episode is self contained, but it follows the samurai's quest to return to his own time via a demon who has seized control of the future. A unique blend of stylized animation, action, martial arts, combat, science fiction and Eastern philosophy.

Coincidentally - they've just announced an all new "Season 5" of the series to come out in March after a 13 year hiatus!

I don't know if Jack qualifies, but it's a great show.
Yeah, just recommending it for those who've never seen it. Most people who enjoy superheroes or sci-fi would probably enjoy "Jack."

Not to be judged on any single episode as each one may have a different tone or feel. i.e. watch a few of them before deciding you don't like it since it may take a little while to grasp the true depth of it (and some of the episodes are just really weird!)

- The Flash (1990) - loved that series [now is corny as hell]
I'd be interested in hearing a little more in-depth details about this one. From what I watched in clips it has a very unique atmosphere. I can see the corny thing, but it looks like it could add to the charm of the show.

And also, how could I forget, el classico: El Chapolin Colorado

That's not just parody, its CINEMA.
Más ágil que una tortuga, más fuerte que un ratón, más noble que una lechuga, su escudo es un corazón... ¡Es el Chapulín Colorado!

I've seen this on the tv many times at the taqueria I used to go to. I've always wondered if it's actually good or not. If I can find the episodes with subtitles, I'll try to watch some of them.