SilentVamp's Top 50 Songs of The Beatles

Tools    

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Favorite John Lennon Song:
Watching The Wheels

This really is a great song.

4. Here, There and Everywhere

I am a person who may like a more "complicated" song, but when it comes to a good love song, the simpler, the better. And this song is perfect in its simplicity with both its melody and lyrics. And it is the perfect combination of those things that makes this song one of my all-time favorite love songs, one of my all-time favorite Beatle songs and one of my all-time favorite songs in general.

Favorite Paul McCartney Song:
So Bad

You know how there are certain songs that automatically take you back to your childhood? That is what this song does for me. Every single time that I hear it. I loved it so much when I was a kid and I still love it so much to this very day. And I guess I could say that it is another one of those "simple" love songs that I am such a big fan of.

3. Eight Days a Week

This is another one of those songs where I don't see how anyone could dislike it.

Favorite George Harrison Song:
Love Comes To Everyone

George had such an incredible songbook. This is the top one for me, though.

2. Tell Me Why

I know a lot of people might have the reaction of "THIS is your number 2?!?". Well, yes, it is. I enjoy the lyrics. I love the bounce to this song. I love the beat. And I quite like the melody and vocals on here. Also, I know this is the song that I probably listen to more than any other Beatles song. If I listen to it once, there is a guarantee that I will listen to it at least 2 more times after that.

Favorite Ringo Starr Song:
Photograph

I seriously couldn't describe how much (or why) I love this song. But I just love it SO much!! Co-written with George, this is not only my favorite song of Ringo's (he really has some underrated music - I wish people would pay more attention to him), this is my absolute favorite solo Beatle song.

1. The Long and Winding Road

First of all, this is the song that has been my absolute favorite of theirs since I was a little kid. I don't know why I was so hooked on it. If you think about it, it is kind of odd to be a little kid so into this song - of ALL Beatle songs. I was so in love with it. But I kind of think the orchestra had something to do with it. After all, crazy kid that I was, I had to go to bed with the radio set on the station that had the "fancy" music (classical, of course).

But as I got older, the song became something different for me, too. And it is just an incredible piece of music.

Second, I know this isn't what Paul wanted for this song. I know it. But I don't care. I absolutely love the orchestrations. I think this is the one thing that nutty Phil Spector did very well.

And then this came about:

I absolutely love it! To hear it without the orchestra, you get a clearer experience of the melody and lyrics. It is almost like hearing a brand new song. It is just so very, very, very good.

Basically, I don't care what version it is. I love it no matter what.

Nicely done list Vamp! NowI feel like going out and getting a bunch of Beatles music. I of course have been a fan since high school but it's been a long time since I heard their complete albums. I'm not sure if I could say what my favorite Beatle song is.

So, to close this, this is the complete list of songs:

50. Good Night
49. Every Little Thing
48. Anytime At All
47. I Will
46. The Night Before
45. Your Mother Should Know
44. Revolution
43. I'm Happy Just to Dance with You
42. Good Morning Good Morning
41. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
40. I Need You
39. She Loves You
38. Baby You're a Rich Man
37. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
36. I'll Cry Instead
35. Girl
34. Rain
33. If I Fell
32. Getting Better
31. Hello Goodbye
30. We Can Work It Out
29. Rocky Raccoon
28. Ticket to Ride
27. From Me To You
26. I'm a Loser
25. This Boy
24. Please Please Me
23. And Your Bird Can Sing
22. The Ballad of John and Yoko
21. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
20. Norwegian Wood
19. If I Needed Someone
18. Good Day Sunshine
17. Two Of Us
16. I Want to Hold Your Hand
15. Got to Get You Into My Life
14. I Should Have Known Better
13. I've Got a Feeling
12. You're Going to Lose That Girl
11. Nowhere Man
10. All My Loving
9. I Feel Fine
8. It's All Too Much
7. In My Life
6. A Hard Day's Night
5. Something
4. Here, There and Everywhere
3. Eight Days a Week
2. Tell Me Why
1. The Long and Winding Road

And I also included my favorite solo songs:

John Lennon - Watching the Wheels
Paul McCartney - So Bad
George Harrison - Love Comes To Everyone
Ringo Starr - Photograph

And there you have it!

While it feels like I have actually accomplished something, it is kind of a downer now that it is done.

A man full of surprises, you are. I really didn't expect a non-standard list. You know, ok, you said no yesterday and Michelle (which are both hated by Dylan btw), Hey Jude, Let It Be, All You Need Is Love, A Day In The Life...
But, yes, The Long And Winding Road is one of my fave Paul's, as Let It Be is my fave album. ok, after Abbey Road and Pepper and MMT...

Refreshing to see an original list, not my stereotypical one, given I'm heavily prone to John.

You gave me an idea with all that Phil/Let It Be...I find the album version much better than the single, although they were affraid guitars and drums can't possibly go with a sad gospel song. Can I post it here?

I nominated Photograph in a song tournament but it got knocked out quick.
I honestly don't see how anyone wouldn't like it. I love it. If nothing else, you would've gotten my vote.

You gave me an idea with all that Phil/Let It Be...I find the album version much better than the single, although they were affraid guitars and drums can't possibly go with a sad gospel song. Can I post it here?
Sure! Go ahead.

Long and Winding Road is a good song, but not one of my favorites.

I will definitely be posting my Top Beatles Songs after I wrap up my Top 50 Bands thread.

I'm thinking about making it a Top 20 thread. The Top 50 thing takes a long long time