The B Movie Creature Feature Hall of Fame

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
That's OK, I understand. I just wanted to say, I will let you know for sure a day or so before you start the Hof.

You said a start date of March 8th? and is it 1 week for each movie? Counting JJ, there is 11? so that would that be roughly ending in the middle of June? If so that would be plenty of time for me.
Yeah, that's a good rough estimate. I don't mind giving a couple extra weeks if needed.

What about the original King Kong, The Host, The Brood or Troll Hunter?
The Brood seems more science fiction but that's why I wanted to include both to begin with. I kind of wish I had done that.

The original King Kong, I'd say yes to as well as Troll Hunter. The Host is sort of too good to be B movie.

Troll Hunter is too, in a way, but it has enough cheese, I think.

No one forget about all the Gamera and Godzilla movies. As well as all those giant ant, killer bee and mutant bear movies. Think science vs creature vs man.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Those are fine. Are you joining in then?

Yeah ill join in, B-movies is how i got started into cinema.

Their assumption was that Jerry was already dead when I arrived, and I just nodded my head. What else could I tell them? "He had to do it, Officer, or else he would’ve turned into a worm-monster and been very unhappy."

Wasn't King Kong a major blockbuster when it came out? I know it looks like a B-movie now, but isn't that just because it's about 80 years old?

Oh yeah, those are the stuff. Thanks Rules.

Everyone has plenty of time to get your nominations in, March 8th, so take your time. I've received three already and they are good ones.

Let the night air cool you off
I'll just post the movies I am thinking about nominating (If I decide to join, that is,) so if they are disqualified I won't worry about considering them any longer.

Frankenstein (1931)
King Kong (1933) Doesn't really fit the B-movie theme
The Wolf Man (1941)
Barbarella (1968)
Equinox (1970)
The Toxic Avenger (1984)
Little Otik (2000) - this could be pushing it, but it is about a wooden creature that eats people. An Otesanek.

I don't really have a whole lot of familiarity with the 50s sci-fi, B creature features, so that's why you don't see any of them up there. I also like having something a little out there, so maybe it will stand out from the pack.

Would White Dog count?

Description:
An animal-trainer (Paul Winfield) tries to deprogram an actress's (Kristy McNichol) found dog, trained for racial attacks.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I just wanted to let you know that I might watch some of the nominated movies and join in the discussion, but I'm not joining in the actual HoF, so anyone who wants to can nominate something like Arachnaphobia or Earth vs. the Spider without having to worry about my crazy phobias.

Wasn't King Kong a major blockbuster when it came out? I know it looks like a B-movie now, but isn't that just because it's about 80 years old?
Could or has a B-movie ever accidentally became a blockbuster? I was under the impression that a B movie was more to do with the budget/production as Mark said, than how well it did at the Box Office. Nothing to do with this thread, i was just curious after reading your comment.

I'd say no to White Dog. I don't really consider a racist dog "creature feature" material.
Yeah, that's a no.

Maybe I should not overcomplicate this and take away the b movie and just make it creature features? I will have a list of movies I will not allow to be nominated, namely Jaws and Alien, either of which could win a standard HoF.

When they were made they were considered B-movies.
I don't know how you can say that about the Universal monster movies. Universal Pictures was a major studio, and these movies had major stars and competitive budgets.

Take this quote from Film Daily about Frankenstein when it opened in 1931-

"produced intelligently and lavishly and with a grade of photography that is superb"

If anything, I believe these movies were groundbreaking.