The B Movie Creature Feature Hall of Fame

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm super~duper bored so I'm going to go ahead and open this thread. Actually it probably needs to be so that we can have a good discussion about what will be allowed to be nominated and what will not.

I'm going to be very loose with the definition of B movie. For the purpose of this HoF it just means low budget. How low? Well I need help with that. I'm not good with movie budgets. Just ask Seanc.

If you want to know what a B movie really is read this http://www.bmoviecentral.com/bmc/bmc...a-b-movie.html

As far as what constitutes a creature feature read this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creature_Features I'm not going to hold the nominations to just those movies but we do need to have a discussion about what can and can't be nominated. Sometimes something feels like a creature feature but another movie with that same type of creature doesn't. For example Dracula works for me as a creature feature while Interview With a Vampire doesn't.

So anyway we have two weeks to get this straightened out. If you are apart of the 6th HoF use these next two weeks to get ahead there so you can also join this one. This will start March 8th.

Don't be afraid to go lowbrow here. People who love creature features love the so good it's bad ones. I plan on this one being fun!

[b]Members so far:
Swan
The UsualSuspect
HoneyKid
Godoggo
Friendly Mushroom
Gatsby
Hit Girl
Shadows
Citizen Rules (maybe)
Sane
Woodwork[\B]

I'm glad you opened this thread now so we can talk about what is and isn't allowed.

For example Dracula works for me as a creature feature while Interview With a Vampire doesn't.
That's helpful and explains it well, makes sense too.

How about classic A films with creatures, like these: The Birds, Alien, The Thing (1982), Jaws?

How about cheesy B budget films, without creatures like: Reefer Madness, Glen or Glenda, Barbarella?

What about horror films from the 70s-80s, Candyman, Nightmare on Elm street, Friday the 13th?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
They have to be creature features so no on the reefer madness and the other two. Some people consider Jason and the like to be "creature features" but I'm not going to allow them for two reasons. Firstly, they fit firmly in the slasher genre and those movies will be eligible for the horror HoF come Halloween.

Jaws and Alien might be creature features but they are too high budget. Possibly The Birds. I'm going to defer to HK on some of this when it comes to budget. He seems on top of that stuff. Oh, and I'm not sure The Thing seems B movie enough. I'll ask for others to chime in on that as well.

This is unusual but because this genre is so loosey goosey I'll give you one of the five movies I'm considering nominating so you get the idea. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocodile_2:_Death_Swamp

It's so bad it's good. I love that movie so much. That one is a croc but I watch so many bad shark movies Tim calls me Chandler. I've got a pile of those I'm thinking of also. Malibou Shark Attack. That's good stuff. You don't have to go that far in the gutter of awesome awfulness, but this is the one time when it's acceptable.

Crocodile 2: Death Swamp...great choice! It just screams B budget fun

To me B budgets look and feel cheap and fun, like your choice or like
Piranha (1978) or many of those 50s drive in cheap creature movies.

The Birds and The Thing seem like top level A budget big films to me.

But Barbarella seems like a cheap fun, B movie made for a drive in.

I would love to join this, but I wish it were later in the year. Right now I want to catch up on 2014 movies and then dive into 60s films. But I'll follow along and read what people are saying, and might even watch some of the movies. I just can't commit myself to joining.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
What about movies such as Rawhead Rex, Cemetary Man or Bad Taste?

Their assumption was that Jerry was already dead when I arrived, and I just nodded my head. What else could I tell them? "He had to do it, Officer, or else he would’ve turned into a worm-monster and been very unhappy."