What special HoF would you join?

Tools    

pretty sure everybody here who enjoys foreign films has not liked foreign films at some point in their life. it's not even a matter of going in with an open mind, just get over it and you'll be fine.
Yeah. There just needs to be something that makes you jump in head first. Then you just wonder why it took you so long in the first place. For me it was City Of God.

You can make me watch it, but you can't make me like it.
Oh, I don't expect you to like it. In fact, I know you're going to hate it. That's why I'm making you watch it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Oh, I don't expect you to like it. In fact, I know you're going to hate it. That's why I'm making you watch it.

That's just mean.

I'm glad I haven't sent in my list of Mofie nominations yet. It may need some editing.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Satantango is not eligible thankfully. Too long

Although I watched War and Peace and that was seven hours I believe? Still shocked I did.

That's just mean.

I'm glad I haven't sent in my list of Mofie nominations yet. It may need some editing.
*Sniff*

For the record, gb, I am usually joking about everything. I haven't even seen Satantango.

Satantango is not eligible thankfully. Too long

Although I watched War and Peace and that was seven hours I believe? Still shocked I did.

That's good to know. I wasn't looking forward to a 7-hour movie, even if it wasn't a foreign film.

I know you guys are just joking around

But serious question about HoF...isn't the idea to nominate a film that you consider great? I mean it's not to cheese people off is it?

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Congratulations, bluedeed. Will you be attending the National University of Singapore?
Yup, they're very prestigious for my major as well so it's a very good opportunity

Really?! I thought you had.
Nope. I just like to joke about it because it's a seven hour long nihilistic art film with really long takes. It's like, the worst nightmare for anyone who hates artsy foreign cinema.

But serious question about HoF...isn't the idea to nominate a film that you consider great? I mean it's not to cheese people off is it?
Yep. And I will be nominating something I consider great. It might be foreign though, but that's because I like a lot of foreign, not because I want to annoy you guys.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

I have a really bad joke, but I'll refrain

I think the idea is to nominate a film that you think most people will love, otherwise it won't have a chance at winning. If you don't care about winning, you might want to nominate a movie that you think is a hidden gem, so that more people will see it.

Either way, I don't think the idea is to p!ss people off with your nomination.

Chappie doesn't like the real world

No, they're just kidding. Movies longer than 4 hours are eligible, but they have to be put up for a vote. I eventually want to do a special HoF of almost every kind so movies like
Satantango have a chance. Maybe a movies over 4 hours HoF, so things like it, War and Peace and the Up Series could get nominated and also people would already know what they are in for. I think I could get 5 to 6 people to join one.

Anyhow, I put the names of people that signed up next to the HoF they signed up for. I only put your name next to it if I got a definite yes, so check it and make sure I have you listed correctly.