What special HoF would you join?

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I do want to add that I would rather see a 6th hall of fame before these, mainly because a special one would potentially delay a 6th because people will have too much to watch. We usually get a great variety which is fun.
It's not going to delay the main one, it will run at the same time. I feel like special HoFs are needed because firstly they allow certain movies to be inducted that would never stand a chance in a general one and secondly it gives a people who may not want to join a standard HoF to join. If someone knows specifically that every movie is going to be a horror type movie, creature feature or noir it might be more incentive to join in whereas a standard one, someone will have no idea what type movies they are going to watch beforehand.

This will start one full month before the standard. People can time manage if they want to join both. I usually allow about one week per movie, so it wouldn't be hard to watch more than half the movies before the standard starts.

@ Rules. The special HoF will probably be small regardless. I will be really surprised if I get more than ten.

Also Godoggo, if you want to get a couple of these going on at once, I would be willing to run one. Don't know if you are into that or if you think it would water things down too much.

Oh, I forgot it to say something to Rules. I tried running more than one HoF at a time and it doesn't work. People ended up wanting to join both. I would just end up with the same problems if I were to try to run two specials at a time. Also everything would be spread too thin. A bunch of HoFs would be going on with minimal participants.

Whatever gets picked next shouldn't take much more than two months to complete then we can see what everyone is up for next.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
A special and a regular is fine. Two is enough because I agree you would spread too thin. It's going to be interesting to see what we will all nominate

Also Godoggo, if you want to get a couple of these going on at once, I would be willing to run one. Don't know if you are into that or if you think it would water things down too much.
I just answered you. If we get a ton of people wanting to join then sure, that would be great, but I would rather one good one than two weak ones which I fear would happen. Unless of course about twenty people sign up. Then yeah.

Seanc, if you still wanted to run one of the next two, that would be awesome though. It would be nice to sit one out actually.

Seanc, if you still wanted to run one of the next two, that would be awesome though. It would be nice to sit one out actually.
I'll run one. If I don't participate in the special that gets chosen then I will run #6. We will talk after the vote.

Oh, I forgot it to say something to Rules. I tried running more than one HoF at a time and it doesn't work. People ended up wanting to join both. I would just end up with the same problems if I were to try to run two specials at a time. Also everything would be spread too thin. A bunch of HoFs would be going on with minimal participants.

Whatever gets picked next shouldn't take much more than two months to complete then we can see what everyone is up for next.
That's cool. If you already tried 2 HoFs at a time, and it didn't work, that's a good enough answer for me

I do really like your idea of special HoFs. I haven't joined before because I'm not keen on watching about 50% foreign films. I can't be the only MoFo who's thought that.

I'm NOT knocking foreign language films, there just not my thing.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
That's cool. If you already tried 2 HoFs at a time, and it didn't work, that's a good enough answer for me

I do really like your idea of special HoFs. I haven't join before because I'm not keen on watching about 50% foreign films. I can't be the only MoFo who's thought that.

I used to think the same as you, but I learned that's a bad idea. Sansho, Virgin Spring, Autumn Sonata, Tokyo Story, and L'Avventura among others have changed that thought.

Don't sweat the wrath that may follow that comment. Five years ago In would have felt the same way and I am pretty sure it is why a few people don't participate, although I don't think it has been explicitly said.

I'll run one. If I don't participate in the special that gets chosen then I will run #6. We will talk after the vote.
Awesome. Yeah, I don't really care which one I run so the decision will be all yours.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I do really like your idea of special HoFs. I haven't joined before because I'm not keen on watching about 50% foreign films. I can't be the only MoFo who's thought that.

I'm not a foreign film fan either, in fact, I hate subtitles, but I've seen a bunch of foreign films by joining various tournaments on this site.

While there may never be a foreign film that will make my favorite films list, I've enjoyed several of the foreign films I've watched recently, and I even ended up voting for some of them over their English opponents.

You should give some of them a try. You might be surprised at what you're missing.

I'm going to nominate The Turin Horse now for whatever HoF we do, so that CR and gb have to watch it.

pretty sure everybody here who enjoys foreign films has not liked foreign films at some point in their life. it's not even a matter of going in with an open mind, just get over it and you'll be fine.