Most SHOCKING Film Ever!...

Tools    

What is the most shocking film ever?
(Not necessarily a 'slasher', but rather a film of dramatic intensity.)
Which really quality film profoundly moved you for days after viewing?
I can start with Requiem for a Dream.

(Forgot to add William Friedkin's insane film Cruising with Al Pacino...)

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I found Seven quite shocking tbh not because of the gore and the way people were being killed but the way it was Surprising and frightening at the sametime and the ending was a big shocker in what happened.

Gaspar Noe's Irreversible was also insanely shocking.

There are those who call me...Tim.
^^ Irreversible, saw a few clips of it today and it was just horrible. Powerful, evocative and, dare I say it, brilliant... but horrible all the same.

Nothing shocked me more then Requiem for a Dream, Especially the scenes with Ellen Burstyn.

Irreversible was emotionally disturbing as well.. But I just love the ending (or should I say the beginning).

Salò or the 120 days of Sodom

You need a strong stomach to finish this one.

a watched last week a french film called "Martyr"
that was quite shocking, you should watch that and get back to me

Blue Velvet.

Probably those early films which sent people screaming from the cinemas. Or Scream, with that horrible shot of Drew hanging, gutted, from the tree.

I agree with Irreversible. That was a gut wrenching/heartbreaking rape scene. Also the entire scene through out The Rectum was disturbing to me as well.

The Human Centipede .....or Showgirls

I haven't most of the ones mentioned, with the exception of Blue Velvet and Requiem For A Dream, but I would probably have to say Caligula.

I found Cronenberg's Dead Ringers very unsettling when I first saw it.
Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain ... only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

I think Salo is one of the most shocking films, another one probably the cook the thief his wife and her lover, but visually is great

I don't know about the shocking movies.Can anyone explain me what type of movies they are .