Best Slasher Movie

Tools    

Banned from Hollywood.
My personal favourite is Bob Clark's Black Christmas (1974)

See also Dario Argento's Profondo Rosso US title Deep Red (1975) and Brian De Palma's Dressed to Kill (1980)

Though for seminal slasher thrills you should also seek out Mario Bava's Bay of Blood US title Twitch of the Death Nerve (1971). Many of the killings in this movie were directly copied in the Friday the 13th series.

Profondo Rosso...now THERE'S a great movie

i absolutely love Saw series (excluding 5 cause that sucked) and Hostel series. another one of this genre is Inside (2007). if u haven't seen it yet, i totally recommend!!! it's french by the way... but anyway AWESOME!!!

A system of cells interlinked
DePalma's Dressed to Kill is sort of silly, I think. Starts of well, but sort of falls apart as it goes along.

The Stepfather is fantastic, on the other hand...

"Wait a minute...who am I here?"

Let the night air cool you off
I was going to start a slasher thread, but I guess we could just use this. Here's an interesting Kermode documentary on the subject:

Part 1:

A lot of slashers exist, some are unarguably slashers, some not so much. But here are my favorites that I think are slashers for the most part:

Peeping Tom (1960) - You could argue that this wasn't a slasher, but I'd say that the slasher elements are there.
Psycho (1960) - Maybe not a full on slasher, but it certainly served as inspiration for slashers
Blood and Black Lace (1964) - Giallo and slasher don't have to be mutually exclusive terms.
The Bird With the Crystal Plumage (1970)
Torso (1973)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
Halloween (1978) - This set the mold for what a slasher would be.
Maniac (1980)
The Prowler (1981)
My Bloody Valentine (1981)
The New York Ripper (1982)
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986) - In the strict sense of what a slasher is, I don't guess this would qualify. But the body count is there.
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987) - Easily my favorite Elm Street film.
Scream (1996)
Wolf Creek (2005)
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006)
Maniac (2012)

I tried to represent the films of the genre that I liked diversely, and I think I did a decent enough job. I know that they are not all traditional slice and dicers, but I think each of them have enough of the genre in them to count if you are lenient.

Sadly, I fear it's pretty terrible. A different film of the same name is a pretty bizarre slasher with a killer wearing an owl head mask.

I want to see that too, and have actually heard good things about it.

I kind of want to see that, but I don't doubt it's bad.
I saw it and I reviewed it. It's decent. It's kinda funny. At least, there's one scene that made me laugh... you probably won't know what it is. Well, you might, but, to me, I thought it was really funny.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hey, gb, here's a slasher for you. It's a musical or something.

I like Minnie Driver and musicals, but I doubt that's my kind of movie.

The only slasher movie I can think of that I liked was Student Bodies.

I haven't seen it, but something tells me GB hated high school.