My Favorite PRESIDENT Is Having A Good Time

Tools    

No secret that I'm no big fan of the current " first " family.
I think that they are a mockery and their public conduct is often not impressively presidential. I don't care what they are like in private, but they should be held to s higher standard in public.
What, would you rather have them wearing formal attire 24/7, showing absolutely no emotion at all times?

I dunno about you, but that looks less like "impressively presidential", and more like just plain fun. It was for a good cause, too.

Most would consider having a good time at solemn occassions inappropriate.
It's ludicrous to expect someone to be somber at any event at all times. It wasn't just a funeral service, but a time to celebrate the greatness of Mandela himself. Even at at the time of the announcement of his death, many people kept their spirits high, rather than simply mourn.

And yes, Michelle was cerainly not holding back signs of discomfort. and to me, at least, it appeared that she was unhappy with the fact that her huband was openly paying more attention to another women.
Okay. I have no idea about that.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I don't care what they are like in private, but they should be held to s higher standard in public.
I agree with this part.

Most would consider having a good time at solemn occassions inappropriate.
This is where the problem seems to be, though. It wasn't a solemn occasion. It was a memorial to celebrate the life of Mandela. It wasn't a funeral and it certainly wasn't a State occasion.

I agree with this part.

This is where the problem seems to be, though. It wasn't a solemn occasion. It was a memorial to celebrate the life of Mandela. It wasn't a funeral and it certainly wasn't a State occasion.
Your interpretation of the statement could be verbatim but my point is that Obama came to the occassion as President and representative of the American people so his conduct should be more solemn than the conduct of some teenager wanting to get on Facebook. Even his own wife's attitude signaled that it was inappropriate. His presence at Mandela's tribiute was not as a private person but as a head of state and that requires a more dignified tone, at least in my opinion.