Hitchcock (2013)

→ in
Tools    

This movie is somewhat of a tribiute to the master of suspense and it takes through the process and making of his greatest achievement, Psycho, while at the same time giving us a portrait of the man and his primary relationship, his wife Alma. Anthony Hopkins and Helen Miren could rival Richard Burton and Elisabeth Tailor from Who Is Afraid Of Virginia Wolf, alhough they are noticably more restrained. Wonderful performances by both and worthy of an Oscar nod. Anthony Hopkins truly is a chameleon and could successfully be anyone he chooses to be. In this case , he odes a worthy tribiute to the Master himself.
The lovely Scarlet Johansen is a good choice for Janet Leigh.
This movie is a good insight into the process and making of a Hollywood movie in a bye-gone era, and a look inside one of it's major palyers, Hitch.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Nice review. I'm kind of curious to check it out, Hitchcock was a great director.

I liked the movie, mostly because I love the story. I thought Helen Mirren and Scarlett Johansson were very good, but as much as I think of Anthony Hopkins, I don't think he quite pulled it off. I'm not sure anyone could.

Classic film making. its only history now.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The film didn't know if it wanted to be a behind the scenes telling of Psycho or an introspective look at the relationship between Hitchcock and Alma Reville.

Hopkins does an impression of Hitchcock, but not once did he embody the character and the film feels shallow. To be honest, the film was more about Reville than Hitchcock, this is her story. I was more interested in the history of the making of Psycho than anything else the film had to offer.

Suspect's Reviews

i like the acting of Antony Hopkins. it was really great to see and my all time favorite Scarlett Johansson really very much.

The film goes in way too many directions. It doesn't know what story it wants to tell.

I really liked it. Anthony Hopkins was excellent as the droll, rotund Hitch, as was Scarlett Johansson and Helen Mirren as his long suffering wife. I don't know anything about Hitchcock personally, but I loved his movies and the the portrayal of him with his wife Alma, seems believable. The drama over the making of Psycho really worked

This is a strange genre, movies about the men who make strange movies. It compares favorably to my favorite of the genre Ed Wood. Movies like that have to have the right combination of history, humor and tongue planted firmly in cheek. This one did lack George, the Animal, Steele, playing an immortal character like Tor Johnson, but not every movie can have a character like that.