Breaking Bad All Over Again

Tools    

This is the thread for those of us who plan on rewatching Breaking Bad together. I will put the schedule in this post for any of those who want to join in. Any Mofos is welcome to watch or follow along and give us your thoughts as we go. I think it will be hard to talk about the show and leave out the context of what we all know. So, spoilers abound. Happy watching. @Yoda @dteam6 ; @Dani8 @cat_sidhe @Elessar

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Wooo.

OK my thoughts on startng a rewatch of the pilot this morning were

(horrible word warning) Foreshadowing? The bandaids on the bullet holes not to mention the number of times they all need to be bandaged. Yeah yeah I know I'm reaching.

The other that really got me was pushing unconscious Jesse out of the way to grab his wallet and camera, and leaving the poor kid in the van while he gave his confession then went towards the sirens. Can't believe I never noticed that before. The monster was always there from the get go.
The birthday handjob. Now this was one of the things that skyler haters obsessed over, but I think even worse was facon on his birthday, and organising a party when he told her he didnt want one. Ball breaking hen pecker from the outset. I can sort of wave off the hand job, s deplorable as that was, because she's up the duff and hormonal, but still, pretty dreadful thing to do.

Hank giving a birthday speech then before Walt even gets to reply he shouts for the news to be turned on. All these people are so up themselves and self important.

That's as far as I got before I nodded off thanks to my evil lounge. Will finish later.

I might join. It'll be my third rewatch of the show.
Join in. The more the merrier, MM, and you obviously enjoyed t much more than BCS.

Oh and it will be interesting who got the censored version and who got uncensored. Mine was the latter. Jesse's nude milf was not doctored with a cgi bra, and the handjobby was in it; I noted on imdb back then a lot of americans got the censored version. WTH? Boobs and a HJ under the covers was axed? But it's perfectly fine to see a guy getting his head amputated and blown up?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Huummmmm.
Just finished my third viewing may be two months ago. I may try to keep up though.

Pilot

I believe this is the only episode of BB that I have seen more than once. I have started a rewatch two or three times and just never followed through. Probably my favorite pilot this side of The Shield but it does have some chinks when you know the characters.

I think most pilot episodes suffer from over the top characterizations and this is no different. Because of that I won't go through them one by one, almost to a person all of these characters will become more settled.

Danii8 mentioned the hand job which is something that I think definitely sticks in the head of any BB fan. I find it just to be short hand, bit of pun intended, for where they are in their marriage. I never found Skylar over bearing. Sure she doesn't take much responsibility later in the series but I never found her out of line before she knew what Walt was up to. If your spouse's behavior changes drastically I don't find it out of line to inquire as to what is going on with them. When they are obviously evasive it would only be natural to think something out of line is happening. Just one divorced man's opinion.

In the BCS thread the cold open here was mentioned and I couldn't agree more with Yoda and dteam6's opinion. The story telling mechanisms Gilligan uses are brilliant and he has only become more skilled at it.

Very good episode. I am pleased to be back in this world.

Things to look for going forward:

1) Tighty Whiteies...get it?

2) How important breakfast time is for Jr

3) Jesse foreshadowed ownership issues with his home

4) Cool cook sequences. Amazing how subdued this one was when you think about what they become

5) Walt's award in chemistry comes into play

I thought it just showed a cooling in the relationship as well, and never disliked the character. After the falling out with Gretchen I could totally understand why he chose a woman like her. He wanted to just give in to someone who would take the reins and let him be a low achiever. Totally agree on her reactions to finding out he was a liar. I never disliked her, but as I said I thought some of her pre Heisenberg awareness was a bit how ya going but who would think such a mild mannered nerd would be doing stuff like that.

I thought the setting up of this dynamic was very clever.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
It really picks up after the pizza hits the roof.

It really picks up after the pizza hits the roof.

The fact he got that in one shot was amazing. Who would have thunk it of Cranston.

Se correr o bicho pega. Se ficar o bicho come.
I'm in

Deciding what to do with Emilio. OMG so stressful. Why didnt they just gas him again.

Never heard of it.
I never know when you are joking. Or not.

A system of cells interlinked
Just started watching this with my wife and two of our friends who haven't seen it. We blew through season 1 already though, and are a few episodes into 2 already. It's good to be back!

No I'm serious. I don't watch television. I download everything I watch.
So you've never heard of Breaking Bad?

Take it to tv tab. This is a rewatch thread.

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
I would join in the rewatch and will still follow the thread because it sounds fun, but I just rewatched this a couple weeks ago.

I read all your posts in Vincent Price's voice. Not sure why I'm telling you, but there it is.

What's the name of the song that plays at the end of episode 2?

And lol, more urghh foreshadowing - jesse and walt looking up through emilio's hole in the wall -v- skyler looking down into the crawl space at Walt.