Peter Jackson / The Lovely Bones

Tools    

The trailer, indeed, comes off a bit more composed than that of my original hopes upon originally hearing of the film's details. I don't know -- ever since Wahlberg took on projects like Max Payne and The Happening (maybe even Planet of the Apes would qualify as a starting point?), I've lost much interest in anything he has arriving in theaters. I miss the broad and often cliche qualities found in performances like Boogie Nights and Fear (easy enough to decide where each aforementioned adjective belongs, right?)

To elaborate a bit; if you watch his naive character socially develop in Boogie Nights around a dozen or so of the most the persuasively cinematic personalities of all time, you'll notice how difficult it must have been to sustain that sort of intensity for what could have only been a gruelingly long shoot for this relatively "new" actor. There's a moment, for instance, where Dirk Diggler (Whalberg's self-imposed, comical identity) describes the name he chooses by tailoring into some neon sign. There, in his expressions, lies an illumination of the utmost understanding for his character; one so rare, it's hard to see how many other actors could pull something like that off in those same shoes.

That being said, I always want to think Wahlberg has another Dirk Diggler in him, but even with having worked with the most attractive of directors since, I don't know -- I just don't know.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i really hope Jackson returns to form and gives us another Heavenly Creatures. i'm a huge fan of this book and i would like to see it done justice. we shall see.

Kinda of a shocker to see Sarandon as the grandmother... guess it's because I was watching Thelma and Louise clips the other day... anyway, this looks like something I would like so will definitely check it out. I have the book but haven't read it yet...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I finally got around to reading the book... but it took me a little longer than normal because I had to back off from it from time to time... and now I'm not sure if I want to see it on the big screen or wait for the DVD, but I definitely still want to see it...

did you like the book? and why wouldn't you want to see it on the big screen?

I did like the book... it just bothered me at times because I could put a few real faces on "Susie" and too many "Mr. Harveys" are still on the loose out there...

cant wait for this one the cinemotography looks great

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
hope jackson got this one right!!! i adore the book no matter the harsh subject matter. i always thought heaven would be different for everyone.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This comes out soon and I haven't seen many ads at all.

Suspect's Reviews

It is a bit odd. I've not been looking for reviews for it, but as it has it's world premeire last month, that means it's been almost three weeks since (25th Nov) and there's still very little.

I'd rather see a screener for The Road... but I'd watch this too. I'm not real excited about it, but, it is Jackson, so I'll cut it some slack.