Name the Actress

Tools    

Susan Gibney

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Ditto

Film and TV actress from the 40's and 50's her film credits include My Dear Secretary, The Fuller Brush Girl, The Barkleys of Broadway, Strictly Dishonorable, and Three Little Words. Her TV credits include The Bob Cummings Show, 77 Sunset Strip, and Gunsmoke.

Film and TV actress from the 40's and 50's her film credits include My Dear Secretary, The Fuller Brush Girl, The Barkleys of Broadway, Strictly Dishonorable, and Three Little Words. Her TV credits include The Bob Cummings Show, 77 Sunset Strip, and Gunsmoke.
That beauty seemed so familiar! That look was very popular in the 40s-50s, so it was hard to figure. Finally discovered it was Gale Robbins.

Here's a gal who was in a jillion of them. This one shouldn't last very long:

That looks like a screen shot from the Kubrick's The Killing or maybe from The Narrow Margin, so my guess is Marie Windsor.

That looks like a screen shot from the Kubrick's The Killing or maybe from The Narrow Margin, so my guess is Marie Windsor.
Right you are, CR. I didn't think that one would last long. What an icon she was.

I like her famous quote about her being the film noir queen: "I didn't know I was doing film noir, I thought they were detective stories with low lighting!"

Right you are, CR. That's Audrey Totter, and I believe that photo must be from Raymond Chandler's Lady in the Lake, starring Robert Montgomery. She was another great femme fatale.

Right you are, CR. That's Audrey Totter, and I believe that photo must be from Raymond Chandler's Lady in the Lake, starring Robert Montgomery. She was another great femme fatale.
I'm a fan of both those last two ladies.

I see Martha Vickers was in a western Four Fast Guns (1960), I might have to watch that one. I mainly know her from the one great film she did The Big Sleep.

Next one: