Tapatalk

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Hey, I'm writing this on my iPod touch using Tapatalk's app. Will take a little getting used to but it is LOVERLY to have an app instead of having to try to use the browser on this tiny screen!

Thanks, Yods, for adding this option. Far easier to read and post this way.

No shoutboc, though.... Oh well.

Nice job!

Glad it's working well for you guys. I'm almost certainly going to work on another mobile solution, too, for a few reasons (don't want people to have to buy an app, don't want to be tied to one, want them to be able to use The Shoutbox, etc). But in all likelihood it'll just be in addition to the Tapatalk integration, since it seems popular.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
it'd be great if it you could include the Shoutbox. also the other thing about Tapatalk that bugs me is you can't +/- rep, and you can't check if you get +/- rep.

i'm assuming any other program you come up with won't have a lot of options in way of HTML tags but i can live with that. i've mostly been using Tapatalk to read the threads (which is very comfortable now) and shoot off a quick post here and there, which is fine.

Same here. I assume that, because you've tweaked this system so much, Yoda, it'd make integration with any preexisting forum program a bit tricky if you want to keep any of those tweaks. And it's not anyone's fault that my favorite part of MoFo lately has been the Shoutbox. But yes, as Ash says, it's great to use this to check posts and post myself while out and about. Using Safari on the iPod touch is a bear.

I hadn't used Tapatalk before so I did have to install it just for MoFo, but I'll likely look through and see what else I can use it for now that I have it....

Yeah, it's the tweaks; Tapatalk assumes a "normal" version of the software. Anything outside of that won't be included. Ideally, we'll have a mobile style that lets us do these extra things, but we'll keep the Tapatalk integration for people who have and prefer it, of course, since it costs nothing on the site owner's end.

I'm pretty sure it did cost me something to install it -- 99 cents, maybe? -- but that's because I hadn't used it before. Now it looks like I'll find a ton of other places to use it, when I find time to go through the list of other places that use it and browse around.

It's certainly lovely to look at and far preferable to using it as a regular web page/site.

Ash, I could be wrong on the price I paid -- I didn't pay that much attention since I was going to get the app anyway.

I'll go check my PayPal account and see...

I tried entering the forum through the app but it says that there's an error and that I should contact an admin to figure it out. Can an admin help me with this one?

Hmm, unfortunately that doesn't give me a lot to go on. But at this point we're pretty close to launching the new mobile style, anyway, so if you can tough it out for a bit your experience on mobile will get a lot better.

It's just that with tapatalk you can get notifications of new posts and all those cool stuff. But I guess I can wait for the mob version... Thanks for your response!