Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Silas
What are yere ideas:

1) Gladiator
2) A Beautiful Mind
3) The Insider
4) LA Confidential

I'll choose Gladiator for 1500, Alex!

L.A. Confidential, followed by Romper Stomper.

P.S. Gladiator sucks ass.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

So many good movies, so little time.
1. L.A. Confidential
2. Gladiator
3. The Insider
4. A Beautiful Mind
5. Romper Stomper

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

I actually liked him a lot in Virtuosity. But since the movie sucked, I'd say his best film was LA Confidential followed closely by A Beatiful Mind. Never seen Romper Stomper though.

The People's Republic of Clogher
LA Confidential for me, then Romper Stomper (which I haven't seen in years though).

3rd place goes to his cameo in Neighbours, which probably shows what I think of a lot of his movies.

Love the mullet/sweater combo Russ.

Randomly visiting for now
I liked LA confidential because its definately his best film, then A Beautiful Mind, Romper Stomper and lastly Gladiator (more a great film than great acting by Russell).

It may not be his best but I liked him in "Proof" with Hugo Weaving.

1) Gladiator
2) Beautiful Mind

those are the only 2 movies ive seen by russel crowe, and were pretty damn good

I haven't seen all of Russell Crowe's movies… but I did enjoy him in:

L.A. Confidential
Gladiator
Master and Commander

I didn't care for Proof of Life … but Proof sounds interesting (thanks Nebs) and Romper Stomper has been on my 'to see list' for a while…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"Up ya Bum"...great line from that film..not my favourite though...probably Romper Stomper then L.A Confidential

L.A. Confidential

Kong's question is: Which Russell Crowe film is more over-rated A Beautiful Mind or Romper Stomper?
The Human Sexes - Vol. 6 (1997): Good stuff.
The Human Sexes - Vol. 5 (1997): Good stuff.
Stella Dallas (1937): Excellent film. Barbara Stanwyck was terrific.

The best of the five is featured in blue.

I have no interest in seeing A Beautiful Mind. Romper Stomper is my fave, followed by L.A. Confidential.

I seem to have disremembered Gladiator.

Im Really surprised nobody mentioned "The Sum of Us" one of my all time favorite films. His portrail was one of the few instances of a straight guy playing Gay that did not slide into either the non-sexual Tom Hanks Philedelphia sthick or the "Flaming" stereotype so prevelant nowadays.

Jack Tompson is also excellent as his Dad and erstwhile matchmaker, the uncomfortable acceptence of his son's homosexuality, yet his willingness to help him find true love forms the basis of one of the greatest examples of Father/Son love that has been expressed on film.

Romper Stomper is also one of my favorites, Crowe again plays a difficult character who is treated with respect by the actor, without moral judgment.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
Most definitely Romper Stomper, although Gladiator is a close second.

Silencio
1. Gladiator
2. A Beautiful Mind

I wasn't too impressed by Master & Commander.

My DVD Collection

I urge you all, especially fathers and sons, seek out "the Sum of Us" after that movie if you don't want to give your dad or your son a great big hug you have icewater in your veins.

Originally Posted by linespalsy
Romper Stomper is my fave, followed by L.A. Confidential.
Same here. Only backwards.