That's right, Jim Mora, we're talking about playoffs

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Gunny has already posted his predictions for the first round of the playoffs, so I figured I would ask all of you what you thought.

So, here is what we have for this first week:

Saturday

Saints @ Seahawks

Jets @ Colts

----------------------

Sunday

Ravens @ Chiefs

Packers @ Eagles

I can honestly say that Sunday's games are hard to call. All teams involved have had an up and down season, with no real predictability.

Given Kansas City's last few games, I would say that Baltimore has a better chance of walking a way with the W, than Kansas City does. Having said that, the atmosphere of Arrowhead, could become a problem for Baltimore.

Green Bay won their last game against Philadelphia, but that was when Kolb was QB. With Vick starting, Philadelphia could possibly overthrow Green Bay and walk away with the W.

Still, this season has been so much harder to read than last. By the end of the regular season, it was pretty clear that New Orleans and Indianapolis would end up playing each other.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Saints vs Seahawks

Jets vs Colts

Ravens vs Chiefs

Packers vs Eagles

I am hoping the Seahawks can beat the Saints and the Packers can beat the Eagles, but I don't see either happening. Also, I can't stand the Ravens, there is no way I am picking them for anything.

I am hoping the Seahawks can beat the Saints and the Packers can beat the eagles, but I don't see either happening.
The Seahawks beating the Saints would be a good story, but I don't see it happening either. The Packers/Eagles game, however, could go either way. It literally rests on the shoulders of Vick. I don't see Kolb carrying the Eagles to a victory over the Packers.

Vick is borderline out of the game due to injury every freaking play. He takes so many hits, I would be nervous if I was an Eagles fan watching Vick. The Packers don't have any balance, their run game is terrible with the injury to Ryan Grant at the beginning of the season. It should be a good matchup, definitely not completely lopsided although I would say Philly has the advantage with the balanced offense.

All of these games, save for the Saints and Seahawks, are difficult to call. Even the Colts have been unpredictable, this season.

All in all, should make for a great season.

Eagles, Colts, Ravens, Seahawks (I cant bet against them Ive been a diehard fan for so long. Also the Hawks D looked great). As for the Colts their is no way Sanchez can keep up with Manning. The Ravens are going to blow away KC. Look for a huge point dif. As for the Eagles I think Vick is the number 1 QB in the NFC and will be at the top of his game regardless of the hits he is taking from game to game. Cant count out Rodgers though he is an A plus QB.

Hmm, you think the Seahawks might find out if you pick against them?

Anyway, I'll add that I actually think the Chiefs-Ravens game could be very close. I'll still go with the Ravens, but not by much.

You know, scratch it: I'm switching to Green Bay. I think they get to Vick early and often. They've got a great point differential this year, too; better than any other NFC playoff team.

Playoffs are upon us and I know what youre thinking - Seattle?! Thats just wrong-wrong-wrong!!! My Bucs killed Seattle, and could you just imagine if they make it to the super bowl?! Imagine Seattle vs New England...lol that would be scary ugly.

Well I know Powdered Waters happy, but Id be happier if my Bucs were in the playoffs like theyre supposed to be. We beat Detroit dammit! Kellen Winslow made that td catch which they called back, and the NFL even sent a letter of apology for that bad call. Ugh. Next year we will be a force even with the tougher schedule. The Bucs whooped on New Orleans, in the superdome, and with 9 starters out! Yeah we bad - we bad...

All things being obvious it would be Atlanta vs New England, but any team can beat any other so the chances arent certain by a longshot. Even though theyre in the same division as my Bucs Ill be rooting for Atlanta, but moreso just be rooting for anyone thats playing the Patriots. I really hate the Patriots.

Rex Ryan praises Peyton Manning, and acknowledges Brady's 2nd best to him ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Cmon now somebody else post in this sucker -fingers crossed-

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I saw that silly claim this morning. Typical Jets Bulletin Board material at this point in the season. Gee, who are the Jets playing this week...The Colts? Ryan would NEVER make a comment that is a partial excuse as to why they will get their ass kicked this weekend.

"Oh, when we lose, it's only because Peyton Manning is THE BEST QB OF ALL TIME."

Whatever, Rex.

Not too much to say. I like the Saints, obviously, and probably the Colts. But I only barely like Baltimore over K.C., and I think I actually like a small upset in Green Bay over Philly. Three of the four games this week are pretty much toss-ups; Vegas has all three of them within 3 points. Obviously, it almost never shakes out that way, but in terms of probability, there are some very close matchups.

I probably won't watch them all, as it would devour my entire weekend and I usually don't watch an entire game unless it's a) the Steelers, b) the Super Bowl or c) some other game of very significant intrigue. But I'll probably be watching most of the games this weekend, even if I'm in and out a bit.

As a Steeler fan, I'm not sure what to root for, exactly. I guess we probably match up best with Kansas City, which we'd only play with a Chiefs win and a Colts loss. If the Colts win, we play them regardless of how the other game turns out. If the Colts do win, then I'd rather the Ravens beat K.C., because I think they matchup a bit better with New England.

I know this makes me a bad fan I guess, but I wish Seattle wasn't in the playoffs. This is a sad joke. The only reason we may not get our doors completely blown off today is because this game is at home. Hell, the NFL is so flukey, we could even win with a few bounces going our way. Once again Seattle is in the middle of a reason for a rule to be changed in a major sport. But hey! It won't be changed this week so... GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Bah...

Anyway, I think the Jets lose and Ravens and Packers both win.

Yeah, I imagine being a Seahawks fan is kind of bittersweet. Winning's nice, but a big part of it's the respect and recognition that comes to the team with it, and it's hard to imagine Seattle getting all that even if they win a few games. If they win it all there'll probably be a riot. But ya' gotta pull for them, anyway. I know I would if the Pirates snuck into the playoffs at 79-83 or something.

If the Seahawks ever win the Superbowl, half this City will probably be on fire. Or, maybe there will be a run on Jaywalking and cursing in public.

I wonder if I'll live that long.

Seattle winning the super bowl this year would be known as the greatest upset in the history of sports. That is not an overstatement.

I feel you though PW on not wishing Seattle was in the playoffs because if the Bucs did get in this year Id be of the same mindset. Its like ruining what shouldve been a great growing year. Hey if they lose a close game everyone would have to think overall the season as a success. In fact the only way a Seattle fan would feel bad is if they get demolished totally otherwise you have nothing to lose and all to gain.

I picked Peyton as the #1 QB in a postseason pickem league. Almost took Brees but feel Peytons the best ever so going with my gut.

The Ravens are going to slaughter those frauds that are the Kansas City Chiefs. They have tip-toed through an easy schedule and have lost to every quality team they've played.

Expect a route.

I would, but per your earlier statements I was already expecting them to the lose the division, so as far as I'm concerned they've already missed the playoffs. It's an existential paradox that I just can't reconcile.

Talking as if one can be sure of anything in the NFL = ridiculous. That's true of even the supposed experts, to say nothing of just some random guy making confident-sounding predictions.

The Chiefs are overrated, but have the tools to win vs anyone on the right day. Consistent?! Aw hell naw lol! Worthy of playoffs? Probably not. Oakland wouldve probably gone farther in the playoffs but who the hell knows with that squad.