RIP Pete Postlethwaite

Tools    

Just heard there of Pete's death. He was 64 and died in hospital in Shropshire in England yesterday after illness.

He was a great actor and one of my personal favorite actors.

RIP

He had natural talent and I always enjoyed his performances. R.I.P. Pete

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
His expressions from Jurassic Park were priceless.
He wasn't in Jurassic Park. He was in THE LOST WORLD.

Anywho, Pete, you were a fine actor (regardless the role). May your body rest in peace.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The People's Republic of Clogher
So good was his Belfast accent in In The Name of The Father that I found it hard to believe he wasn't Irish, and it's one of the hardest accents to pull off (ask Mickey Rourke).

One of the quiet men, a great actor gone far too soon.

Sad. His performance as the brute of a father in Distant Voices,Still Lives still has the power to upset me no matter how many times I see it.
Such a great actor in such a variety of films, and so much tv too. Always loved it when I saw his distinctive lived-in face appear on tv.
RIP

I am half agony, half hope.
I love Pete Postlethwaite! I'm so sad to hear this. RIP.

Johann von Goethe

This is incredibly sad. He was an outstanding actor. I'm really gutted by this one. Classy guy and always brought the most out of even the most minor characters. You will be missed, mate.

So very sad to hear this news. A truly great actor who I was always pleased to see, especially if I didn't know he was in it. The last time this happened was in Inception, this year.

An actor I will truly miss.

RIP Pete.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I loved him in ever film, even crappy films like Clash of the Titans. He always seemed to make it feel a bit more classy at times. He was great in his small role in The Town.

I will miss him.

R.I.P.

Suspect's Reviews

I just hope he wasn't disappointed in his son before he died. In that case, we might have to go deeper, if ya know what I mean...

Um, yeah, this guy had some unique facial features and an equal presence that only few others could ever hope fill. I'm glad he at least had a pretty decent run, but he was still in the midst of making films, so that's a downer.

You want to post like me?
So good was his Belfast accent in In The Name of The Father that I found it hard to believe he wasn't Irish, and it's one of the hardest accents to pull off (ask Mickey Rourke).

One of the quiet men, a great actor gone far too soon.
Aye.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Gerry Conlon was interviewed on local news a few days ago about Pete Postlethwaite's death. Every time Pete was in Belfast he'd make sure and visit Gerry's mother (Giuseppe's widow) and bring her flowers and chocolates.

Since making In The Name of The Father Pete would constantly tell Gerry that people were surprised he wasn't a Belfast actor, even folks from Belfast.