Reign Over Me

→ in
Tools    

Not sure how many of ye have seen this movie. Not going to give it a major review, i will leave that for the experts. The film centers around the rekindling of a delicate college-born friendship between Alan Johnson (Don Cheadle) and Charlie Fineman (Adam Sandler). Charlie's life has altered dramatically due to the tragic death of his wife and children, (and dog) following the September 11th terrorist attacks. Due to the loss he suffers serious psychotic problems and Alan tries to help him both talk about his family and overcome their death in order to carry on with his life.

I was extremely impressed with Sandler's performance. I thought he played the role fantastically and thought he showed great passion for the role.

Thanks Silas... I'm not a big Sandler fan but am interested in seeing this...

Can everyone see the picture?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
No. It's IMP again!

I liked the movie and Sandler. I'd probably like it more with a rewatch where I'd find more of director Binder's idiosyncratic humor. This was my first impression.

No. It's IMP again!
I just linked it from my photobucket account so hopefully it will show now...

I liked the movie and Sandler. I'd probably like it more with a rewatch where I'd find more of director Binder's idiosyncratic humor. This was my first impression.
Thanks for the info/link... I'm so zoned out part of the time when I'm here I've been missing a lot of posts lately... anyway, I've added this to my queue...

I do enjoy when Sandler has something more than just fart humor to work with. Really enjoyed him in Punch Drunk Love, wouldn't mind seeing this.

Good movie. Sandler has come a long way.

Definitely between this and Spanglish and Click he has become a real actor

Although he still has never topped his oscar performance in Mr. Deeds

Are you being serious about the "Oscar" performance in Mr. Deeds?

You want to post like me?
Though I liked Mr. Deeds (being a young kid, who shared the character's fascination of New York) I must've missed the Oscar performance :P.

I was actually blown away by Reign Over Me. I had never seen punch drunk love at the time, and was surprised that Sandler could play such roles. The breakdown scene, where Charley finally talks about his family, was amazing.