RIP Pete Postlethwaite

Tools    

Gerry Conlon was interviewed on local news a few days ago about Pete Postlethwaite's death. Every time Pete was in Belfast he'd make sure and visit Gerry's mother (Giuseppe's widow) and bring her flowers and chocolates.
Funny how you get to imagine how people are from interviews and reading stuff. He always came across like a decent guy, and seems he really was.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The more I hear spoken about him the more I realise what a lovely guy he was. The good die young and all that.

I was very sad when I read about his death... he has always been a favorite... and another one gone much too soon...

Rest in peace Sir...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am burdened with glorious purpose
This was one of those headlines where I went, "oh no!" I had to explain to my office mate who Pete was.

Not only was a he a great actor in the films he appeared in, he was the slimiest, evilest, creepiest, craziest villain in the Sharpe series. If you want to see a great actor doing his thing, have a watch:

&feature=related

RIP, Pete. You were one of the best!