That's right, Jim Mora, we're talking about playoffs

Tools    

I thought the steelers were the only 6 seed to win the super bowl. I think it was 2005 when they beat the Seahawks.

Yup, the Steelers were the #6 seed that year.

I think the Giants were a 6 seeded team when they beat the Pats. I think Green Bay is a sure thing to win the NFC. The Patriots would have blown the doors off of Pitsburgh so it seems logical that the Jets will beat the steel. Im not a huge steel fan and would love to see the Jets win the bowl this year.
I'm sure my disagreement will be written off as homerism, but I can't imagine why we'd assume the Patriots would have "blown the doors off of Pittsburgh." The same logic would have led us to believe they'd have whooped the Jets, but they didn't. Also, it should be abundantly clear by now that the "if team A beats team B and team B beats team C, team A is better than team C" syllogism doesn't hold up in the NFL. It's more about matchups and one team's weakness versus another team's strength.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Also, it should be abundantly clear by now that the "if team A beats team B and team B beats team C, team A is better than team C" syllogism doesn't hold up in the NFL. It's more about matchups and one team's weakness versus another team's strength.
Exactly! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, man I love being a tur...

Wait...

This season's matchups have been harder to call than previous seasons. Last year, we could practically call the Super Bowl, before the teams even entered the playoffs.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Oh, and of course, credit to Dex, for picking all four games correctly despite two upsets.

This season's matchups have been harder to call than previous seasons. Last year, we could practically call the Super Bowl, before the teams even entered the playoffs.

Cough Cough

Here's a clever little graphic that illustrates what I mentioned before, showing a chain of teams that have beaten one another that spans the entire NFL.

Just to warn you all, if the Steelers end up going back to the Super Bowl, I am definitely breaking out that horrifying Yoda-Polamalu hybrid monstrosity avatar again. I think I might have lost it in a hard drive crash, but I'll recreate it, or create a replacement if need be.

Just to warn you all, if the Steelers end up going back to the Super Bowl, I am definitely breaking out that horrifying Yoda-Polamalu hybrid monstrosity avatar again. I think I might have lost it in a hard drive crash, but I'll recreate it, or create a replacement if need be.
LOL! I never saw that but am curious as to what it would look like. Its awful Troys not playing right now.

I don't want to see that freaky little Pola-Yoda again. Ever...

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Sorry WaWa. I've already decreed the Steelers shall emerge victorious this week.

and, so it shall come to pass.

( ive never seen this monstrosity, my interest is piqued. im thinken its yoda with a samoan Fro? )

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
As the week has passed I've just felt more and more confident that the Packers can pull this off. Even if our offense isn't fantastic, I think our defense can step up and make the difference just as much. Nobody with the exception of Hester on returns scares me.

I have more confidence in our defense this game. Or a lack of confidence in jay cutler perhaps.

Thanks for the correction on Troy Polamalu. I thought hes been out. Explains why theyve had continued success.

Best break out "Yoda Polamalu" right quick though cause the Jets are going to win somehow or someway. I truly think theyll win it all, and maybe Tomlinson will make the diffence. When that guys on hes as good as any. I dont trust the Jets passing game, and feel theyll have to step-up on the running vs the best run D in the NFL. If LT is "on" they have a shot. Mendenhall is a differencemaker too so dont think Bens gonna hit alot of paydirt unless you feel their passing offense is better than New Englands. The game should be a bloody defensive grind, and the winning team may have no more than 6-10 points.