My Favorite Michael Keaton Performances

Tools    

He came out of nowhere during the 1980's as one of the screen's most charismatic comic presences, but it only took a few years for him to prove himself as one of the most versatile and inventive actors in the business. His career took a bit of a dip in the early 2000's but he is enjoying a wonderful renaissance in his career now that has earned him renewed acclaim and his first Oscar nomination. He has a way of commanding the screen without stealing a co-star's thunder and always brings more to the role than the screenplay provides. Get ready for my favorite performances of the ridiculously talented Michael Keaton:

Clean & Sober for number one!

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

President Mackenzie, First Daughter

Keaton was the best thing about this lightweight comedy about a fictional POTUS (Keaton) trying to do what he can to provide a normal existence for his teenage daughter (Katie Holmes).

V A Vandevere, Dumbo (2019)

Keaton was wondefully over the top in this live action remake of the Disney classic playing the slightly crazed circus owner trying to procure the title animal for his circus.

Artie Lewis, One Good Cop

One of Keaton's least remembered films found him playing a police detective whose partner is murdered and agrees to take custody of his three young daughters.

Adrian Toomes/The Vulture, Spiderman Homecoming

Keaton went the Marvel movie route playing the ordinary guy with a wife and kids who, unknown to them, leaves the house to become a supervillian named The Vulture who is out take down Spiderman (Tom Holland). This was the first Marvel villian I've ever seen who had a wife and kids.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Artie Lewis, One Good Cop

One of Keaton's least remembered films found him playing a police detective whose partner is murdered and agrees to take custody of his three young daughters.

It's been a long time since I saw the movie, but I remember being very impressed with Michael Keaton in One Good Cop because prior to seeing it, my favorites of his movies were the comedies Mr. Mom and Night Shift. I hadn't seen him in this type of a drama yet.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
His acceptance speech for Dopesick was pretty great and emotional.

Suspect's Reviews

Johnny Dangerously, Johnny Dangerously

Keaton is all kinds of fun in this spoof of 30's gangsters movies playing a guy forced into a life of crime in order to pay for his mother's medical bills.

Henry Hackett, The Paper

Keaton managed to hold his own with an impressive all-star cast in this glossy drama about a reporter caught between retirement and the biggest story of his career.

Hunter Stevenson, Gung Ho

In this underrated comedy directed by Ron Howard, Keaton plays a labor union at an auto manfacturing plant who is chosen to be the liaison between between his ocmpany and the Japanes conglomerate who recently purchased the company.

Captain Gene Mauch, The Other Guys

Keaton plays the commanding officer of a couple of rogue detectives (Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg) who is obsessed with musical group TLC.

Bill Blazejowski, Night Shift

Again under the direction of Ron Howard, Keaton made his feature length film debut playing a two-bit hustler who convinces a bookish morgue attendant (Henry Winkler) to operate a prostitution ring out of the morgue.

Adrian Toomes/The Vulture, Spiderman Homecoming

Keaton went the Marvel movie route playing the ordinary guy with a wife and kids who, unknown to them, leaves the house to become a supervillian named The Vulture who is out take down Spiderman (Tom Holland). This was the first Marvel villian I've ever seen who had a wife and kids.
Too low, yo!