Why does everyone "seemingly" hate Diablo Cody?

Tools    

she's a bit of an over styled persona, but other than that she's pretty talented.

so, what gives?

edited.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
To be honest, I haven't really read to much, or heard anything, really negative about her. She's a very talented writer and Juno was a big hit. I doubt Jennifer's Body will share the same commercial success (outside of Megan Fox full or partialy nude).

Where are you seeing that she's hated by the masses?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

A system of cells interlinked
People dislike Diablo? First I have heard of it....

I love her stuff...

The only "hate" I've heard directed towards her (of you could call it that) is in the Family Guy episode The Juice is Loose which I found pretty funny.

Brian: "What was it like having the privilege of performing the words of Oscar-winner Diablo Cody?"
Stewie (angrily): "She's an over-priced call-girl who got lucky once!"
Brian: "Ooh, that doesn't sound like an interview answer. Say something nice about Diablo Cody."
Stewie: "I . . . envy the tattoo artist who had that huge canvas of arm fat to work with."
Okay that may be a litte harsh but other than that I havent heard anything.

First I've heard of it...

Who's 'everyone' anyway?

She's a cool chick. She 'friended' me on myspace and I commented on one of her blog posts. She answered me and was really cool about it. If that's how she treats random strangers I'd imagine she'd have to be a nice person.

Employee of the Month
When someone really hate her, it`s cause she´s different and she`s there. That`s enough for some kind of people. But I`m different:

I can`t stand Ellen Page. Poor man`s Natalie Portman.

Yeah, I'm not seeing this supposed hatred. People had a lot of positive things to say in the Jennifer's Body thread just the other day. I actually remember being surprised at how much everyone seemed to like her.

Personally, I think she's fine, but I'm wondering how many other tricks her pony can do. That sounded kind of weird, but you get the idea.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
...I'm wondering how many other tricks her pony can do. That sounded kind of weird, but you get the idea.
Well, considering her previous occupation, I'm sure she can do a couple of things.

I don't hate Diablo Cody... I do, however, have a strong dislike for the word 'everyone' once in a while....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

She's alright I guess... it's not like I know the gal or anything. Also haven't heard this supposed hating that's going on.

I do read her little articles in EW now and then and I can say I don't think much of her writing style and tend to skip them more often than not. Other than that though she definitely got points from me on Oscar night two years ago when she showed up and most assuredly wasn't wearing any underpants. So yeah, atta girl!

Banned from Hollywood.
Probably because of her ridiculous pen name..

she should have kept her birth name Brook Busey.

nah just taking the piss , I have no idea what you are talking about, i had no idea she was "seemingly" hated anway.

so....

I do, however, have a strong dislike for the word 'everyone' once in a while....
sue me.

Obviously I wasn't literally talking about everyone, but I've encountered quite a bit of hate towards her on the internet. People calling her too current, a hack, etc...

I think the hate, and bashing is all fueled by a large amount of movie snobbery. Something that happens to be all to common...on this very forum, even.

Happy New Year from Philly!
I don't hate her.

I am "seemingly" jealous of her.

She writes a blog and gets noticed and asked to write a book.

She writes a book and gets asked to write a screenplay.

She writes a screenplay and gets asked to write a TV show.

She seems to have fallen into some sweet stuff by virtue of "following her bliss" as Joseph Campbell used to say.

Also, I like her look. You wouldn't call it a persona if everybody was a punk rock chick.

She's just a funny, entertaining, punk rock chick.

It's ironic that you say it's because of snobbery, which you see on this forum, when almost everyone on this forum seems to love her.
No, that's not quite what I meant. I haven't personally encountered snobbery towards her on THIS forum, but there is snobbery on the forum, which is what I meant. Sorry to have confused you.