Christian Bale is a meanie?

Tools    

Daaaang. Christian Bale has quite the attitude problem. I kind of let that incident between him and his family slide under my radar because I'm always willing to cut my favorite actors some slack but... daaaaang. He's quite the diva here.

Think he went too far? Think he was justified in being a little p.o.'d? They are after all on a set for a big budget flick.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/02/bale-went-ballistic/

Oh, and don't listen to the clip at work or with any impressionable kids in the area.

Wonder how the tape was made public... and for that matter, does anyone know for sure that's actually Bale on it?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

What a jerk! How mant times can you say f-ck? Honestly?
Must be a Welsh trait, I say **** lots and lots. Not proud of it, but I do say it.

Why does he not speak, with his Welsh accent?

Sorry, but lol.

It may just be me but I have a strong, strong feeling Christian Bale has huge anger problems. I used to like him a lot, but my respect for him seems to be slowly lessening. This only shot my respect further down.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Wonder how the tape was made public... and for that matter, does anyone know for sure that's actually Bale on it?
It sounds exactly like Christian Bale.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I didn't lose any respect for Bale just because he went Kinski on a member of the crew.

If you listen closely to it you will hear Bale make reference to Shane Hurlbut (the dp) doing this same thing before. It sounds like this guy has been making a habbit of being careless.

Both of these men have jobs to do. Sure Bale might not have been professional about it, but we don't know the entire context. It's easy to sit here at our computers and say "I lost respect for him," when we have no idea of the exact situation nor anything that has led up to it.

I don't think he's being a "diva" at all. Bale is a man who puts all of his emotion and body into his acting craft and the last thing he should worry about is a scene being ruined by a person who should know better.

Power outage - hey crap happens.
Inconsitancy in background or something - oh well, nobody catches anything.
DP walking into the middle of a scene as it's being film - yeah big problem.

I don't blame Bale at all for being mad.

It's all about context and we don't know all the context.

And yes that is Christian Bale.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

He is human, unfortunately he is an actor who has starred in some high profile films and now his every movement is prone to public scrutiny, mostly because people divert from their lives by viewing others. I say f#ck all the time, I have been known to be an a$$hole sometimes, and have even had a few moments in my life where I flew into rage. I am not proud of it, but I've never met a perfect human yet. The only difference between myself and Bale is that nobody gives a ***** how I act outside the few people involved, and nobody is going to make loads of money broadcasting my saying f#ck a bunch of times. Not even going to watch that crap.

There, see, you may think I'm being an a$$hole right now, I even swore a bunch (kinda) of times.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I will agree that it depends on the context, but the DP didn't walk into the middle of a scene. He distracted Bale, apparently for a second time, and Bale thought his "professional recourse" was to go off on the guy in front of the entire crew for what seemed like an eternity. The gist of what Bale had to say was about 30 seconds of "Please don't distract me by walking around behind the camera while I'm acting. You've done it before, but I let it go that time. This time, I'm going to rip you a new one because... well, just because I'm Christian Bale." I'm not saying that everybody should automatically treat Bale as a persona non grata, but if he acted the same way around here, do you think he really wouldn't get a crapload of negative rep? Private messages are safe and sane and human. HA!

Ya, see I didn't watch the clip so I don't know what happened, thanks for explaining it Mark. Sure he may be a douche, but the world is full of them.

I don't agree with anyone that feels his behaviour was ok It is ok to be angry but not to be such a p***k, I have worked with some fools but never ever spoken to them like that

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
My family has been in the film and entertainment industry for four generations.

They rarely have anything positive to say about performers.

A system of cells interlinked
It doesn't bother me at all. Anger is natural, and the way society tries to make people suppress it is just dead wrong. Anger is natural, suppressing anger is not.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
My family has been in the film and entertainment industry for four generations.

They rarely have anything positive to say about performers.

I'm sure they are a handful to deal with. Especially with the egos and such and certainly they make far too much money and cost to much to insure. Still we pay $10 for movies tickets and I'm sure as long as we do, they will make their huge wages.

I know it sounds just like him... but my Dad can sound just like Donald Duck...
Is there something we should know!?!

I use to sound exactly like Katharine Hepburn from On Golden Pond. As in, I use to quote all her lines perfectly, you old pooh!