Worst Casting Mistakes of all Time?

Tools    

What do you think the worst casting mistake ever made is? Who butchered a potentially awesome character because of miscasting?

So many good movies, so little time.
What do you think the worst casting mistake ever made is? Who butchered a potentially awesome character because of miscasting?
Edgar G. Robinson as the Pharoh in The Ten Commandments springs to mind .

Cary Grant ruined what woulld have been a very good movie, The Howards of Virginia (1940). He just wasn't cut out to play a character in costume.

John Wayne was horrendous as The Conqueror (1956).

Burt Lancaster as Massai in Apache (1954). Although his acting wasn't horrible , he looked nothing like an Apache.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Although it was only a B-movie to begin with, when Steve Carrell popped up as Uncle Arthur in "Bewitched" it went from being a potential 2 star flick to barely a half star. I didn't need many reasons to stop watching it before his appearance and he made feel stoopid for wasting a rental.

Edgar G. Robinson as the Pharoh in The Ten Commandments springs to mind .

Cary Grant ruined what woulld have been a very good movie, The Howards of Virginia (1940). He just wasn't cut out to play a character in costume.

John Wayne was horrendous as The Conqueror (1956).

Burt Lancaster as Massai in Apache (1954). Although his acting wasn't horrible , he looked nothing like an Apache.
I agree. I could'nt get past Burt Lancaster as an Indian and it detracted from the movie. It's like in all of those "Road" movies with Bob Hope...if you had dark hair you were and Indian or Asian or Egyptian or something.

what i think will be the worst casting ever but the movie hasnt come out yet
Robert Downy Jr. as Tony Stark aka Iron Man
Who knows it might be good but personly i dont think so

Russell Crowe as some sort of CGI villain in Virtuousity. ****ing weird or what? This is Maximus for gawd sakes. I know he did this role pre L.A. Confidential and Gladiator but it's still puzzling that it's Russell Crowe playing this guy. A complete miscast.

Kevin Costner as Robin in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Eric Bana as Hulk....it just didnt agree with me.
I thought that was fine casting. He was well suited to the role and displayed Banner's sense of vulnerability and internal rage admirably. Well, at least in my opinion.

fbi
I dont like russell crowe in anything

Jack Black in King Kong!! When I saw that he was in the movie all I could think was WTF?!!! Why?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Kevin Costner as Robin in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves...
I would agree with this choice, his there one minute, gone the next English accent really took away from the film.

Another choice would be Vince Vaughn in Psycho.

Suspect's Reviews

Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut

Vinnie:"I'm the Juggernaut bitch!"
Everyone else:"No Vinnie.You are not."

what i think will be the worst casting ever but the movie hasnt come out yet
Robert Downy Jr. as Tony Stark aka Iron Man
Who knows it might be good but personly i dont think so
I think RDJ will be unbe-freakin'-leivable as the Ferrous Fellow.
His dry wit, and that moustache!
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang if you don't agree, just polish the swears and make it a little more linear and you've got a great character

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm sure we've done this whole discussion before, but I don't mind repeating: Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane in the Spiderman films. It didn't help that they didn't really give the character anything to do but be rescued either.

Can't disagree with most of what's already been posted, but I'll toss in Keanu Reeves in Coppola's DRACULA.

Can't think anyone.. But as what i have read in other forums they really don't like the new james bond which is Daniel Craig..

A system of cells interlinked
Hm, really? I have seen mostly positive response to Daniel Craig's turn as 007. I, for one, really liked Craig as Bond, and consider the latest bond film one of the best. I like the darker, grittier tone of the film, and I thought Craig brought a subtle intensity to the character that always seemed lacking when others played him...

George Clooney as Bruce Wayne/Batman in... dare I say it...

I'm sorry friends but I cannot bring myself to even name the abomination...

but you know what I mean.