Worst Casting Mistakes of all Time?

Tools    

Happy New Year from Philly!
And are any of you out there old enough to remember Robert Wagner playing Prince Valiant in a wig that looked like it was last worn by Betty Page. Ol' Victor McLaughlin was miscast as a viking in the same film.
Bette Page never wore a wig. But she did wear a merkin.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That should prove that Dr. Strangelove is a comedy since Peter Sellers played President Merkin Muffley. C'mon now...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
JCVD in Street Fighter sprang to mind.

Who did you see in the [Street Fighter] role?
A young Larry Olivier, circa Wuthering Heights, would have been freakin' PERFECT for Street Fighter.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sofia Coppola in The Godfather Part III
Eli Roth, Mike Myers and BJ Novak in Inglourious Basterds

See the trailer here:

Lee Marvin in 'Paint your Wagon'

Edward G. Robinson in The Ten Commandements
Just couldn't bring myself to belief he wasn't some sort of biblical gangster while I was watching. Liked it otherwise tho.

Sofia Coppola in The Godfather Part III
Indeed. Her bendy mouth and its strange nervous smirk killed any chance here, before she even spoke, and then it was line delivery on par with an amateur dramatics performance.

Much better film that people say (especially as it follows on so well, and gives us a brutal finish) but that was bad casting.

Keanu Reeves as Harker in "BS Dracula".

****ing prick destroyed the superb diary entries and in fact destroyed the best part of the story full stop.

Lee Marvin in 'Paint your Wagon'
No way! He was excellent in that! One of the best parts of the film.
Eastwood though....

IThe Black Shield of Falworth.
Now that was bad casting. Laughable. Makes Costner look authentic.

You do understand that Sofia had to take over on short notice when Winona Ryder couldn't take the part at the last minute?
I do know yes. And understand.

But what has that to do with bad casting?
If the argument is short notice...you could still find someone better than her.
C'mon it was hardly THAT short notice, he didn't have to find a replacement the next morning.
Blimey, as soon as the nervous as hell lopsided smirk appeared (though I'm sure Francis would have noticed before) all bets should have been off.

And plenty of actors have to do things at short notice. Even on stage. And plenty do a fine job.
But wait! She wasn't an actress was she.
Perhaps the answer is right there.
Best not to pick a non-actress to take over such a vital role, in such a huge and highly anticipated film, especially at the 'last minute'.
In fact it makes the decision even worse.

I'm sure I posted this before somewhere on this forum, maybe it was somewhere else who knows.

Anyway, John Wayne as Genghis Khan in The Conqueror.

Certainly not worth the risk of cancer!

Indeed. Her bendy mouth and its strange nervous smirk killed any chance here, before she even spoke, and then it was line delivery on par with an amateur dramatics performance.

Much better film that people say (especially as it follows on so well, and gives us a brutal finish) but that was bad casting.
Oh, absolutely. Great film, in my opinion. But a horrible performance.

Keanu Reeves as Harker in "BS Dracula".

****ing prick destroyed the superb diary entries and in fact destroyed the best part of the story full stop.
Yeah, that's a painful piece of "acting" to watch.

Ben Affleck in ANYTHING ever. He's horrible.