Toy Story 3

Tools    

Making a difference
I'm a great fan of Toy story till date. Two words- I love

Such a great film from Pixar. I'd definitely go and see it with the kids.

i don't need the kids

this might actually bring me to tears. I watched these movies as a small child! I loved them.

I will always love the first Toy Story, but I don't expect the 3rd in the series to surpass the original. That **** rarely happens. I was not impressed by the performance of Toy Story 2.

Just seen the teaser, I must say it takes me back.

I still think that the plastic aesthetic of toys lends itself better to being rendered in CG.

...uh the post is up there...

The first movie was GREAT. The second I didn't even know existed. This third one should be really great with the 3D stuff and all.. I'm really looking forward to this.

I'm still waiting that they also do the sequel to Finding Nemo.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person alive who loves children's animation (especially Pixar), but isn't crazy about the Toy Story movies.

They're good, but they're highly overrated. I'll see Toy Story 3, but I'll probably just wait for the DVD release.

Exclusive First Look! Toy Story 3 Teaser Poster

Toy Story 3 is directed by Lee Unkrich and produced by Darla K. Anderson. The highly anticipated 3rd installment in the saga starts playing on June 18th, 2010! Disney Digital 3D in select theatres.

Source: Pixar Planet via Latino Review

John Lasseter talks TOY STORY 3 and CARS 2

Speaking in London’s Leicester Square this morning, Walt Disney Animation and Pixar COO John Lasseter gave a thorough presentation of Disney’s upcoming films. Among the highlights: plot details about Toy Story 3 and Cars 2. Pixar normally shies away from sequels and that policy has proved to be one of their strengths. Lasseter has talked about wanting to make another Toy Story ever since the second one came out.

Cars 2, on the other hand, does not have such a warm and fuzzy backstory. The original came out in 2006 and, since Pixar takes about four or five years to make a film, the sequel was clearly fast-tracked to the top of the queue. Roughly $462 million will do that, especially considering its characters are much more ripe for new adventures than, say, the robots from Wall-E.

Ten years is a long time, even longer in toy-years, but that is how long it has been since Toy Story 2 was released. We know that in Toy Story 3 Andy is heading off to college and, with the exception of Woody, is leaving his toys behind. When the toys are accidentally kicked to the curb they wind up in a daycare centre and it is up to Woody to save them from the most abusive toy-owners on the planet: five-year-olds.

Empire is reporting the big news of the introduction of hedgehog toy with

Shakespearean aspirations with the voice provided by Timothy Dalton (a.k.a. Simon Skinner, James Bond). Whether the appropriately named “Mr. Pricklepants” will be a new friend or a dangerous enemy remains to be seen but either way I cannot wait for a new trailer to hit.

Cars 2 takes Lightning McQueen around the world for the Race of Champions and, for better or worse, he brings his new pit boss Mater (inimitably voiced by Larry the Cable Guy) along for the ride. At some point among the races in Japan, Germany, Italy, Spain, France and England, Mater saves the life British secret agent Finn McMissile, an Aston Martin of course, and finds himself plumb in the middle of some serious international espionage. Everything leads to a finale at London’s Buckingham Palace as McQueen tries to win the Race of Champions and Mater tries to save the day.

Cars 2 is actually the Pixar-directing premiere of Ratatouille producer Brad Lewis and he has certainly expanded the digital canvas for the film. When Cars 2 was first announced I was surprised as it had gained a bit of a reputation as being the weakest Pixar movie. Though the sequel will sadly be without Paul Newman, expanded scope and complexity of the plot does bode well for it.

Both films will be released in Disney Digital 3-D; Toy Story 3 on June 18, 2010 and Cars 2 in time for Summer 2011.

Source: Collider

Michael Keaton Confirmed for Toy Story 3

Director Lee Unkrich confirmed the rumors that Michael Keaton will voice Ken in Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar's Toy Story 3 at the San Diego Comic-Con today.

John Lasseter said that "For 'Toy Story 3' we have the entire voice cast return. Barbie is back and in a much larger roll alongside Ken."

He added that "it's a totally different emotional core that this movie has. We're really excited for it."

The third installment hits theaters in Disney Digital 3-D on June 18, 2010.

Source: Comingsoon.net

More ‘Toy Story 3′ casting news

John Lasseter of Disney/Pixar today announced that John Morris, the voice of Andy in both Toy Story and Toy Story 2, is set to return for the 3rd film. Morris, 24, will voice an 18-year-old Andy who is off to college. Lasseter also announced that previous Pixar collaborators Jeff Garlin (Wall-E) and Bonnie Hunt (A Bug’s Life, Monsters Inc., Cars) will also join the cast of Toy Story 3, while Whoopi Goldberg will make her Pixar debut. No word though on what characters they will play.

Source: The Animation Blog

Courtesy of Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

Are any of you all going to see the Toy Story 3d double feature this weekend and check out TS3 teaser? I'm just excited to re-live my childhood memories of the movie on the big screen...the trailer is extra bonus!

Also, saw this contest online where you can win a trip to the premiere of TS3, if that's your thing, of course.

Been a big follower of the Pixar movies! I can't wait to watch the third installment of the TS saga. WOOOT!!!

I love toy story great newss

Toy Story 3 Trailer

We weren’t expecting the new Toy Story 3 trailer till Monday but it appears to have escaped early. In the film Andy is now a young adult who is heading off to college, which means his toys are sent to storage, apart from Woody who he wants to keep. However, Buzz and the gang are accidentally thrown away and end up at local day-care center where they are abused by the youngsters. It’s left to Woody to save them and help them escape.

Thanks to Movie List you can watch the Toy Story 3 trailer here.

Source: Filmonic

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
It took them that long to release on the internet? Dang, I saw this last Saturday with the double feature.