The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Tools    

I have a feeling this will be the movie everybody will be talking about this time next year.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The trick is not minding
I’ll be waiting for this. I watched his three latest films from this year all in a row a few weekends ago and he was entertaining in all three, but Pig was his best and quite possibly one of the best films of the year. I am not kidding here.

I just saw Pig a few days ago and yeah, really affecting film. Cage has always been interesting, and obviously frequently ridiculous, but there's real talent there, too. No one quite like him.

Anyway, kinda looking forward to this, though I suspect it's a little too self-aware to be great and will probably be more silly than profound, even though on paper it should/could have the potential to be both.

A system of cells interlinked
Finally a thread I can relate to!

I'll show myself out....

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'll spend $20 for a digital download of this.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I just need Cage to become a hat guy or visit Maury. The hair really dominates each and every performance for me.

Welcome to the human race...
Saw this earlier, found it extremely wanting. Definitely amused at a) how old this thread is and b) that any of us ever thought this had the potential to be an Oscar contender just because it had some superficial similarities to Birdman.

Welcome to the human race...
It shouldn't be too surprising. There was always going to be a decent chance that it would settle for coasting on Cage's status as a living meme at the expense of all other considerations (and the Adaptation comparisons are unavoidable, especially since this film is much more up-front about how it's aware that it's ditching character-driven drama for thrills and excitement).

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I am 00:45:56 through a 1:46:51 runtime and I'm loving this. It is all so ridiculous! I'm actually now considering watching Paddington 2. On LSD.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Can’t wait to see this. Nic cage is always awesome