Books you wish were Movies/TV Shows

Tools    

Dan Simmons' Joe Kurtz books (Hard Case, etc.) would make for good movies or a miniseries. Holt McCallany (Mindhunters) was practically born to play the part.

I would like to see film adaptation of more antiutopian novels such as We, New Brand World etc. or Aizek Asimov novels would be great to see that as well.

The Repairman Jack novels by F. Paul Wilson. But what I truly want more than anything is a legitimate, big budget adaptation of The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Either some movies made or even a decent attempt on Netflix. SyFy tried it a few years back but totally screwed the pooch.

Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt, published in 2016.

Welcome to Black Spring, the seemingly picturesque Hudson Valley town haunted by the Black Rock Witch, a 17th century woman whose eyes and mouth are sewn shut. Muzzled, she walks the streets and enters your homes at will. She stands next to your bed for nights on end. Everybody knows that her eyes may never be opened.

The elders of Black Spring have virtually quarantined the town by using high-tech surveillance to prevent their curse from spreading. Frustrated with being kept in lockdown, the town's teenagers decide to break their strict regulations and go viral with the haunting, but in so doing send the town spiraling into the dark, medieval practices of the past.

My Darth Star is in for a service
Here in the UK we have an author called Graham Hurley who writes police stories in actual time (procedurals).
They are based in and around my hometown of Portsmouth on the South Coast of England and revolve around a main character called D.I.Faraday.
I'd love to see this 12 book series made into a TV series, it is one of the few things British TV does well.

I'd love to see Brian Lumley's Necroscope trilogy made into a series of movies. For anybody who hasn't read them, it's about a parallel world that is about vampires on the dark side of the world, and humans on the side that gets some daylight, and our planet's vampire legends come from a heavily guarded portal between the two worlds located in Russia. Think the sentinel meets lord of the rings meets hellraiser.

I'd also love to see Legend by David Gemmel turned into a movie. It's a blatant rip-off of Conan the barbarian, but different. The protaganist is Druss who became famous as a warrior, but is now an old man off to fight in what he knows is his last battle. Perhaps the world doesn't need another sword and sorcery movie, but the plot of Legend is far better than anything done so far, and Druss is a much more believable hero than Conan ever was.

The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown. Set in Washington DC while exploring the numerous masonic sites.